SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up new Beretta Wilson Combat Centurian Tactical
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up new Beretta Wilson Combat Centurian Tactical Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

The only other issue was the orange ring in the Hakathorn sight exited the housing, not to be found. Shot an email over to Ameriglo about that; does anyone know if the ring is user replaceable or is the sight going to need to be replaced? I noticed Wilson staked the front sight to the slide.

Shouldn't you contact WC about this? This is the gun they spec'ed/built.
Staking the sight to slide? What? Never heard of this. Maybe the staking caused vibrations strong enough to loosen whatever that you lost. Eek

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

The only other issue was the orange ring in the Hakathorn sight exited the housing, not to be found. Shot an email over to Ameriglo about that; does anyone know if the ring is user replaceable or is the sight going to need to be replaced? I noticed Wilson staked the front sight to the slide.

Staking the sight to slide? What? Never heard of this. Maybe the staking caused vibrations strong enough to loosen whatever that you lost. Eek

I sent Wilson an email as well.

I did post another thread about the sight issue, seems this has been seen before on Ameriglo sights.

Does anyone else’s Wilson-Beretta’s front sight got a divot securing it? Clearly mine had a punch taken to it.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wilson doesn't touch them unless additional action work is requested.

Beretta builds the guns and handles warranty claims.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GP229:
quote:

Yep. I like be these Berettas and have two of them, but it kind of annoys me that people refers to these as “Wilson’s.” They’re not Wilson’s at all. If I build a gun with Wilson parts, would you buy it from me as a “Wilson?”

They are fantastic shooters and I’ll buy another version if they come out with one (I sadly missed the Compact model), but these are Berettas made by Beretta and they should get the credit they deserve for putting out a fantastic gun.

Wilson simply told Beretta what people actually wanted from them....which I find amazing that Beretta couldn’t seem to figure out on their own, but they obviously couldn’t.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
quote:

Yep. I like be these Berettas and have two of them, but it kind of annoys me that people refers to these as “Wilson’s.” They’re not Wilson’s at all. If I build a gun with Wilson parts, would you buy it from me as a “Wilson?”

They are fantastic shooters and I’ll buy another version if they come out with one (I sadly missed the Compact model), but these are Berettas made by Beretta and they should get the credit they deserve for putting out a fantastic gun.

Wilson simply told Beretta what people actually wanted from them....which I find amazing that Beretta couldn’t seem to figure out on their own, but they obviously couldn’t.

Ok, so Beretta built them, using WC parts. So, they call them WC Beretta or Beretta/Wilson. In fact, that's exactly what WC website calls them, the Beretta/Wilson 92G Brigadier Tactical and the Beretta/Wilson Combat 92G Centurion Tactical. You want to get annoyed? Get annoyed with WC, too. Roll Eyes

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/b...-brigadier-tactical/
https://www.wilsoncombat.com/b...-centurion-tactical/

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
quote:

I can't agree more! There is a several page thread on a different forum about a customer who is complaining about a loose slide/frame fit, understandable given that these are advertised as having a tighter tolerance although there isn't any tangible measurement or demonstration as to how loose it really is. It certainly may be legitimate, and I am not saying it isn't, but I just don't know. WC told him to return it to Beretta as Beretta is who is responsible for handling warranty issues per WC website. Several are running down WC for this. I am sure WC would go to bat for this guy with Beretta if need be, but what is WC supposed to do about it in the meantime?? Send it off to Beretta I guess, thereby delaying the process needlessly. Some people seem to confuse effective CS with having to have their ass kissed.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Just to finalize, new front sight from Ameriglo on the way.

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Anyone know of any holster makers that are making OWB kydex holsters for the CenTac?

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Wilson is the distributor, Beretta the manufacturer

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Anyone know of any holster makers that are making OWB kydex holsters for the CenTac?

None, and I've been looking. I need to get Appalachian Concealment out of storage and I'll be molding Kydex from my gun.

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:

Isnt wilson offering a bladetech for it?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful pistol! I am a big fan of the Beretta 92 series of pistols and the Centurion Tactical is drool worthy. I am very jealous!

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

Isnt wilson offering a bladetech for it?

I think I emailed someone last week to check but never heard back. Wink Big Grin

The Bladetech listed on their site is technically listed for the BrigTac.
I assume a CenTac would fit in the same holster, but don't know if there's enough slide differences to cause a fit issue.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Wilson is the distributor, Beretta the manufacturer

Agree, my local gun shop had to order mine from Wilson. Should be receiving it by the weekend.

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
Mine came in today. Didn't get the action tune but this trigger is just as smooth (if not smoother) than my P229 Elite ASE.

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

JM Custom Kydex is making holsters for all the WC Berettas.

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post