SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up new Beretta Wilson Combat Centurian Tactical
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up new Beretta Wilson Combat Centurian Tactical Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
All I can say is the forum gets expensive after some of these threads!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
All I can say is the forum gets expensive after some of these threads!

You can say that again.

What's the fair price for the Cent Tac with the action tuned and silicone springs?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Action tune with the chrome silicon springs ran me $135 IIRC.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:

Well, I'll take ten. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll take it! Smile (dang...Q was quicker on the trigger...again...lol)

Having a 20+ year old Beretta Centurion 9mm that I absolutely love, this thread is causing me some serious temptation and spending anxiety! Eek

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I'm tempted to dump the Brig Tact and get the Centurion. Always love its chopped off slide/barrel.

Q

posted Hide Post
I don't have a trigger pull gage but one member on the Beretta forum is reporting DA trigger pull measurements at sub 6lbs, and SA trigger measurements less than 3 lbs 2 oz on his Cen Tac! This much I can say....trigger pull on mine is very light, smooth and crisp, as it is on my Brig Tac. Wouldn't surprise me if mine were in that ballpark. My SA trigger pull rivals that of my P226 SAO Legion which has a Wolff 17lb mainspring.

BTW.....we both opted for the action job.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I'm tempted to dump the Brig Tact and get the Centurion. Always love its chopped off slide/barrel.

They're not that different. Normally, I'd say the Centurion length handles nicer but with the shortened Vertec slide and railed frame, its likely not much different.

I'll get a CenTac if I get a s/n to match my BrigTac.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a noticeable difference in how the pistols balance. The Brig Tac is a bit more front heavy and tends to hang a bit more while the Cen Tac is much more balanced.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My Wilson tuned 92g Cen is scheduled to be delivered to my LGS tomorrow. I can't wait, I've been reading this thread over and over.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
My Wilson tuned 92g Cen is scheduled to be delivered to my LGS tomorrow. I can't wait, I've been reading this thread over and over.

Be sure to let us know your impressions of it, and how it goes on the first trip to the range.

posted Hide Post
Second range trip with the Cen Tac today. I didn't shoot it as well as I would have liked on the first trip, at least as well as my Brig Tac despite the excellent trigger. Kind of chalked it up to the ultra-thin grips.

Tried futzing around with my grip after running across a Youtube video on gripping a pistol properly. I shot everything much more consistently and didn't have the consistent push to the left/low left. I shot the Cen Tac much better; every other pistol I took much better also. In fact I think I shot my 10mm P220 SAO Elite better than I ever have.

Overall I am beyond happy with the Cen Tac. It is very smooth, more balanced than the Brig Tac, has a great trigger and looks kick @ss!! Going to give the ultra thin grips some time to see if I get accustomed to them.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I love my WC Brig Tac, I may have to pick one of these up as well. And I was just thinning the herd too

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Be sure to let us know your impressions of it, and how it goes on the first trip to the range.

Range tomorrow, but after picking the 92G Cen. up from the LGS, and giving her a cleaning/re-lube, Wow is she smooth, the slide runs slick as ice, and the Wilson tuned trigger is very clean in both DA and SA; there is plenty of take up in SA, but it breaks nicely.

I compared it to the new M9A1 (I think? The new muti-tan coated gun), it was very nice too, but not quite as tight or smooth. I’ve shot variations of the 92 series, but never owned one. I’m glad this is the one I settled on.

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Range tomorrow, but after picking the 92G Cen. up from the LGS, and giving her a cleaning/re-lube, Wow is she smooth, the slide runs slick as ice, and the Wilson tuned trigger is very clean in both DA and SA; there is plenty of take up in SA, but it breaks nicely.

I compared it to the new M9A1 (I think? The new muti-tan coated gun), it was very nice too, but not quite as tight or smooth. I’ve shot variations of the 92 series, but never owned one. I’m glad this is the one I settled on.

Sounds great! Be sure to give a range report. Berettas are about as smooth as it gets.

BTW.. The pistol you are referring to sounds like the M9A3.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I was at the range today and a member had a BrigTac. I asked him about it and he generously said "You shooting 9? Have at it" then gave me the unloaded pistol and an empty magazine.

I was shooting Wolf through some Glocks but had some Federal HST 147s, so I loaded up 5. Decocked the hammer - the first DA shot was like a silky smooth / tuned S&W but only weighed about 6-8 lbs. Follow up SA shots were sweet. All 5 shots were stacked on each other at 10 yards.

I would have loved to rag it out a bit, but I only shot it 5 times but was very impressed.

I still have no practical use for one, but want one nonetheless.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sounds great! Be sure to give a range report. Berettas are about as smooth as it gets.

BTW.. The pistol you are referring to sounds like the M9A3.

You are correct it was the A3.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Post-range trip, two light primer strikes with MEN NATO 124g FMJ. Ran 150 rounds through the gun without further issue, the light strikes came near the end of that session.

The only other issue was the orange ring in the Hakathorn sight exited the housing, not to be found. Shot an email over to Ameriglo about that; does anyone know if the ring is user replaceable or is the sight going to need to be replaced? I noticed Wilson staked the front sight to the slide.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I was at the range today and a member had a BrigTac. I asked him about it and he generously said "You shooting 9? Have at it" then gave me the unloaded pistol and an empty magazine.

I was shooting Wolf through some Glocks but had some Federal HST 147s, so I loaded up 5. Decocked the hammer - the first DA shot was like a silky smooth / tuned S&W but only weighed about 6-8 lbs. Follow up SA shots were sweet. All 5 shots were stacked on each other at 10 yards.

I would have loved to rag it out a bit, but I only shot it 5 times but was very impressed.

Practical? Shoot bad guys. Smile

Q

Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Practical? Shoot bad guys. Smile

It's fun to shoot?

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post