SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK LEM trigger - yay or nay?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK LEM trigger - yay or nay? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Aside from its reliability one of the best features of a USP is that you can make this change(and all the other trigger changes) and then change it again. Not the norm. Try it and if you don't like it change again. The parts are not expensive and with one cheater tool doing it is not hard. I tried it and ultimately went back to V3 as my standard. But I certainly wouldn't have any problem living with it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Shot my USP 9 Stainless light LEM today as well as my Sig P365. Sig for Carry and USP for HD. Love the LEM...can stage the trigger when I want and I feel very comfortable with the long take up and light pull.
All my other HK's are DA/SA and will be converting a HK 45 to LEM shortly

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disliked the LEM trigger intensely. The pull is way too long and light.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
I would say nay, particularly with the USPc.

I have several and one had the light LEM trigger system. After all my trigger time I prefer my V1 DA/SA. My favorite is one I had Robert Burke do a trigger job on. The DA is perfect and the reset / SA is superb.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All but one of my HK hammer guns are Lem. Its my favorite for HK pistols.

Posts: 14 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My p2000sk is LEM. It takes so time to get a feel for it. After that it's really nice. Makes the regular hammer HKs feel clunky to me.....except for the Match triggers. The Mark 23 trigger is entirely different.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
One really has to evaluate what the planned use is when talking LEM trigger. Usually one infers duty or CC pistol, not so much a range gun onlly.

LEM shines as a duty or CC trigger, safe, simple, pull & shoot.

If I was just shooting at the range, a nice 1911 will do. For carry or duty, standard or light LEM is great with me.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a 30 SKs, Da/Sa ambit safety/decocker.
Hated it, trigger was waay too long and heavy.
Got a Light LEM Version and liked it much better.
But in my hands, it had accuracy problems, even though H&K said it shot one ragged hole in their test.

Have 2 Apex Modded Shields in 9MM and .45.
The triggers are great, but still have accuracy issues with the 9MM.
But the .45 Shield is a hammer and joy to shoot. Go figure!

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LEM is what the DAK should be imho. The short reset and the hammer staying cocked is the big selling point for me.

Its really only useful for carry/duty though I think. Not something I would want on a range toy or HD.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My USPc will be used for concealed carry. Of course I'll take it to steel target and concealed carry matches for practice, but I don't shoot competitively this pistol will be used as a tool for protection not competition.

Thanks again, all, for the input and advice. Seems like the yays slightly edged out the nays, and I most appreciate the whys as to the likes and dislikes.

I've sent the HK off to the gunsmith for LEM installation and some other work while it's there. Looking forward to some range time when it gets back.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I like them for carry especially AIWB. Todd Green was a big fan as well.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have one of my USP's in light LEM and like it just fine but prefer the SA/DA version mo better.

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
http://pistol-training.com/archives/8549

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big YAY for the light LEM. I didn't care for it the first time I tried it but after more use I feel that it's much the best trigger in an H&K. The DA/SA H&K's will never be as smooth as a Sig DA/SA so fortunately the light LEM is better than both.

I also much prefer 2-Stage triggers on rifles so I can understand others having different preferences. For me a light takeup with a light crisp pull is the best of both worlds as far as safety and precision. Quick reset with the LEM is simply a matter of a little training.

Also FWIW you can convert USP's from SA/DA etc to LEM but you cannot easily do so with the P2000's and P30's. On the P2000's and P30's the LEM have a different frame cut. On the USP's it's a matter of switching out the safety levers and a few internals.

Switching from LEM to light LEM and variants in-between is pretty easily done. The spring pliers from HKPARTS.com make the more difficult trigger return spring much easier to change...........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
I just got a 30sk V1 and am liking it a lot after cc a 220 da/sa it's change but I'm impressed.
Practice, practice, practice.As with any trigger system, I can see someone untrained having a ND with the system in a high stress moment with out practice.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
P2000 & P30sk. Both Light LEM and both will be with me forever. Took 20+ years for me to find out what I was missing. (That would be a Yay.)

And, yeah, listen to djpantles above: those pliers will save many, many curse words while attempting to make the changeover!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I have a USPc .45 that I've had over 10 years that I had converted to 5 lb LEM w/safety by sending it to H&K and I love that gun with that trigger.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post