SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK SP89 Help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK SP89 Help Login/Join 
posted
I have the opportunity to purchase a good condition SP 89 with four of the stick magazines. 2800 flat. Is this too good a price to pass up? It's a 1990 preban model. I'm just not sure if the value is there on these anymore with the introduction of the clones and the Sp5k. Any advice?

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've seen them go for more. That said, you'd have to want it over the modern version but for collectibility, it likely won't drop in price ever.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by 'good'?
There are NRA standards for grading firearms and NRA 'good' is really not very good.
I have an original SP89 in the box, my understanding is the new model is not much different so I see no collectability on the SP89. Buy a new one from HK.-Richard
BTW what typw of mags come with the SP89, HK mags or Pakistan?

Posts: 223 | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They come with factory HK straight mags, referred to as stick mags I believe .

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they still trade in that range, but I guarantee you that the quality foreign clones have diluted that market a whole lot. There are people that will want one, but people that just want an MP-5 have cheaper options. It's hard to see such a thing losing value, but it's a lot of cash to tie up in one.

If you just want an MP-5, spend $1600 on a Zenith.

Posts: 5160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
They go for about $3500-4000 if they are stock and undamaged. I sold one recently for $6400 that had a new tri-lug barrel, the paddle release and remarked MP5K.

As long as it's undamaged and the bolt is within tolerance, it's a very good price.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post