SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock Grip reduction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Grip reduction Login/Join 
posted
Do these companies doing grip reductions on Glocks use expoxy to fill the backstrap then grind down the hump? Is there another method? Thinking hard about doing it myself on my G26.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
There is the "candle method" which involves heating and reshaping the hump to reduce it.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw that on youtube. Wonder if getting it that hot weakens the polymer.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
One of these days people who are scared to carry Glock will accept that and carry something else.

One of these days people who can't handle stock Glock shape will accept that and carry something else.

I believe that Cold Bore Custom uses a reshape method and he has a fairly large clientele. I've not heard much of negative reports in regards to polymer strength.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Glock Grip Reduction:
- Robar
- Bowie Tactical
- Cold Bore Customs
there are probably a few more; but these have been proven over and over again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
One of these days people who are scared to carry Glock will accept that and carry something else.

One of these days people who can't handle stock Glock shape will accept that and carry something else.

I believe that Cold Bore Custom uses a reshape method and he has a fairly large clientele. I've not heard much of negative reports in regards to polymer strength.

Lol. The butthurt is strong with this one.

posted Hide Post
Im not looking for a company to do the work. Im asking about the methods.

'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I did two of mine with a heat gun. then did my own stippling with a soldering iron. Pretty easy.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many rounds do you have through them?

posted Hide Post
For the first time this week I saw a Lone Wolf Glock frame. It was totally different shape.
You might take a look at them.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.aspx?CAT=3168

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a Glock 19 gen 3 frame from Ben At Boresight Solutions and love it. Got the level 2 grip reduction and razorback option. Totally love it!!! The frame now feels more "rigid" like an hk uspc and less flexible like my original g19 frame. The gun is more pointable and easy to grip. Highly recommend it.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post