SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tyler T grip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tyler T grip Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have a source for the Tyler T grip for a j frame? I know the website only takes checks and I'd like to avoid waiting.
Thanks
-whisky

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Damn, are they still around? Yeah, they do things the old-fashioned way.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
I got my last one off eBay.

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tyler T-grips has been having many issues. There is another firm called BK Grips. I have purchased several and I prefer them. Good service and good prices. Check the out on the web. Just my $.02.

Posts: 267 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
No more Tyler, now called Tomahawk Grips. Same products, but no name engraved and the finish is slightly textured, but otherwise same old thing.(5-6 weeks) This would be the 5th version of roll marks, engraving to now none. Post a WTB ad in classified. Wink
BK are nice but are plastic.

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tyler's wife, I believe, was still selling them a year or so ago. I bought a couple for security sixes. Poor fit, took a while to get.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking into BK grips. Looks like Pachmayr once had a similar grip as well.

posted Hide Post
There is an advantage to the BK grips. There are two clips which attach the adapter to the frame of the revolver. This will provide more suppoort. My last purchase was aided by an E-mail he had the grip I wanted and he held it for me. Paid for the purchase with a money order and it arrived very quickly. Everything was positive.

Posts: 267 | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I've heard that their shop (Tyler T-grip) can have spotty delivery, but about two years ago I ordered one for this '70's vintage Bodyguard. It took about three weeks for my grip to be delivered. YMMV.

https://www.t-grips.com/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not really sure how many Tyler T-grips that I actually own these days(many). I bought my first one by stopping by Mr. Tyler's shop and buying it.....many years ago.

They just make my old revolvers FIT my hand. I also have a # of Tyler trigger shoes for SAA and others.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I remember when that was one of the one of the mods you could make, before mods were a thing.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know of a comparable grip that is thin side to side but thicker front to back?

posted Hide Post
I like them.

Std 'Service' skinny grip panels and the Tyler would be tough to surpass. Not a great accessory for a BBQ gun, but might speak volumes on a pittiful looking M19.

They work great with Birami Hip Grips on a J frame also. Real handy for a taking out the trash, cutting the grass, answering the doorbell, or milk-eggs-bread convenience store errands. You get the idea.

Good stuff.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post