SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Don't know if i'd trust it, but it looks pretty good
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't know if i'd trust it, but it looks pretty good Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
It's a Remington, and I'm not a 1911 guy to start with, but it's a good looking gun.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...ltralight-executive/

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
nope

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is designed to be a CC gun, isn't it? Small, with bobtail and all. Why the hell do they have to make such tall sights? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be my first(or second, or third....) choice for a compact model 1911.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nice looking heater... As a rule, I never go below commander length 1911’s. I’ve Experienced heartache in the past with the short barreled variants...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This is designed to be a CC gun, isn't it? Small, with bobtail and all. Why the hell do they have to make such tall sights? Roll Eyes

Tacticool "cocking shoulder" is all the rage now in the mall...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
nope

this.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I’m not a 1911 snob (owned BUL, Armscor, and SIG in recent years) and it looks pretty nice. If a given sample runs, then it should be fine.

I’m not sure it’s worth $1000. I picked up a RIA Ultra MS TAC II for almost $400 less (commander size) not long ago and I think that it’s a better value although far heavier (I won’t carry a 1911 these days in lieu of the plastic fantastic). I do like an ambi safety as a lefty.

I’d give it a shot, even though it’s a new production Rem.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
You know what would be cool? If they gouged a gigantic REMINGTOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!!!! billboard on the slide.

oh, wait

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buddy of mine just got one.
based on my sample of one it's a pretty nice gun. Surprisingly nice trigger on it.

Posts: 180 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
You know what would be cool? If they gouged a gigantic REMINGTOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN!!!! billboard on the slide.

oh, wait

This!

Okay, Just don't get why they think it has to be so ginormous. Also one of the main detractors from the newer X-Series guns for me. I don't want to carry around an advertisement. If someone sees what I'm shooting and is curious, I hope they'd simply ask.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It says Remington. That’s a big fat pass thank you very much.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
It's a Remington, and I'm not a 1911 guy to start with, but it's a good looking gun.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...ltralight-executive/

Thanks for posting. I like it too.

jpfive
Sig P365
Sig P220R-4-DSE 45ACP
Springfield 1911 Custom 45ACP
Beretta PX-4 9mm
Browning Buckmark 22 LR
Ruger Six 22WMR/LR
S&W 686+ 6"
S&W Airweight Snubby

Posts: 14 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I read somewhere that Remington doesn’t actually make their 1911's but that may have just been speculation and rumor.

Remington has had too much trouble the last few years for me to feel entirely confident in owning one of their products regardless of whether they make it or not. Especially when there are a number of other manufacturers with less tarnished reputations producing similarly sized 1911's in that price range.

Heck, for that kind of money I could pick up a P220 Carry and if I look around I could probably find a P220 Carry SAS.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The R1 has always been a solid 1911 build. Now that there's no Freedom Group or Cerberus Capital to muck up the workings of the company, maybe Remington has a chance of making itself back into the company it once was, or at least everyone thought it once was. It does look nice, even with the billboard. In that regard, there have been worse.

But then there's entities like Bank of America and Citigroup out there with its anti-gun mitts at least partially on the leash. JPMorgan holds most of the paper on Remington's assets (and debt restructuring) but with all of the public scrutiny and pressure following all of these damnable school shootings, I wonder just how healthy Remington stands a chance at being due to the political attention and fears of leftist, anti-gun wraith and venom for these financial institutions associated with the gun industry.

Vista Outdoors is busy trying to sell off Savage Arms. JPMorgan likely is in the middle of trying to find someone to buy Remington and take them off of their books. Not a good time to be a gun manufacturer if they be needing an infusion of cash.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's actually a pretty good mix of features on a carry 1911. I hope it works out for Remington. They could use a winner for sure.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I initially would have said no. But after talking with Wilson Combat about doing some work on my Springfield I would be open to one. He said that the Remington R1 is one of the brands they will work one and is a good solid 1911. But nothing smaller than a commander size.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nope. Not a snowball's chance.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, ‘cause Remington, but it is a good looking gun with nice features.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I hear you guys about it being a Remington. I'd prefer it to be another brand. But I really like how they set it up. I even like that it's a mid-size between a commander and officer model.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post