SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P320 RX vs P320 RX Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P320 RX vs P320 RX Compact Login/Join 
Picture of pointman73
posted
Anyone have experience with both or either with input?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're both the same gun just slightly different size. If you have a particular question you might get more response.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the P320 RX full size model and love it!

I've had it for about 4 months and have already put several thousands of round s through it WITHOUT a single malfunction.

Unless I am dressing for work, it is my EDC gun.

I would give it a 10 star out of a 5 star rating.

Posts: 26 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you want a compact-sized gun or a full-sized gun? Answer that question, and you have determined which RX model is best for you. No other difference between them.

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
I thought the request was obvious, but I will have to go in further.

What do you like about your 320 RX or 320 RX Compact? What don't you like in reference to size?

If you have a compact, would you rather have the full size, and why? Also, vice versa.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always say the most modular size is the Carry. You can use the Carry, Compact or even SC grip modules with the compact slide. And the 17 round magazines will fit them all (can use mag sleeves).

So I would probably go with the Compact RX. You could add a Carry and larger mags if you wanted more capacity. The shorter slide will mean a touch more felt recoil, but probably not really noticeable. Since you're using an optic, sight radius means nothing.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
Thanks Buddy, I was thinking the same things. The only advantage I see with the full size is not the fuller grip and round count, but the longer life of the recoil spring, as I will be shooting the piss out of whichever pistol I get. It's perhaps a moot point, nevertheless, it came up in my mind.

I may have to just get both eventually. I won a gun raffle on Monday and took the cash prize since I had most of the guns they were giving and don't want an M&P. I figured since I took the 320 armorer's course recently and many agencies that I teach across the river in NJ are carrying the 320, including some National Park Service LEOs, I might as well get one and train with it.