SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Proven outfitters in VA.?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proven outfitters in VA.? Login/Join 
posted
I was looking for a Romeo 1 Pro online and found this company. They are listening
The sights for almost $100 less than most places.
Has anyone done business with this company? How are they to deal with.
Or is it like my Dad used to say ,if it sounds to good to be true watch out.

https://www.provenoutfitters.com/

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with them a lot. They are fully on the up and up. You can get SIG’sand others (but not Glocks) with LE Program price if you have MIL or LEO, Active or RET ID’s. The only store I know in the area is in Woodbridge and is managed by a great guy, Johann.

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Ordered from them a few times through their MIL/LE program.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Proven is also known as Quantico Tactical. I have purchased many items from them over the years and plan on visiting their brick and mortar in Woodbridge, Va. veterans day weekend. They are good to go.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from them before and had a positive experience, both in CS and price.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I visited their brick and mortar store a few weeks ago when traveling for business. I found the store well stocked but messy with all kinds of boxes of products laying around.

Got to the gun counter was greeted warmly and after a short discussion with one lad, I pretty much decided that this guy behind the counter was a horses ass. When I commented to one of his co-workers about his attitude all I got was "yeah, he's kinda special".

I have done business with their online service in the past and will continue to do so but probably won't visit their retail location again.

Also one of their sales reps (one that was ok) said the retail and web sales are 2 separate operations.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They used to be Quantico Tactical. I purchased a few guns from them on their LE/Mil programs. Awesome selection and easy to deal with. I would not hesitate to send them business.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the fast responses

Jsjac

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As above, very positive (for the most part) dealings with them in the storefront. Nice selection of P-320 grip modules, magazines, etc. Last purchase was a Streamlight for about $60 less than a national chain.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:

Has anyone done business with this company? How are they to deal with.
Or is it like my Dad used to say ,if it sounds to good to be true watch out.

Yes, bought a 320 9MM SC x-change kit from them for $293.50 shipping free.

It was a special order and took a couple of months. the card was not charged until it shipped.

Deal with them in confidence.

---------------The Answer Is There Is No Answer---------------

Posts: 152 | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve purchased both rifles and pistols from them at their brick and mortar store and online on a regular basis through their mil/Leo program. Their prices even beat military exchange prices even when adding state sales taxes.

They are also my go to LGS/FFL for online purchases. Their transfer fee can be $15 or $20. The cheaper price is given if you purchase items in the store. I alway pickup extra mags. Expecting them to get a red box Sig 220 carry I bought off of GB. Highly recommend.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GTG. They closed their brick and mortar out here in WA, and I must say I miss them. Purchased accessories and firearms from them over the years.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Beretta APX from them yesterday afternoon on their LE program and just received notice that it is shipping today. I have ordered magazines and other accessories from them in the past and they have been great to deal with.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proven Outfitters / Quantico Tactical have always offered me superior service and speed in fulfilling their orders. They are highly responsive to questions and do a great job. I've purchased 4 firearms from them, as well as relatively hard to find accessories (Sig factory barrels) and every time my experience has been stellar.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My son works for them in their NC headquarters.
The owner and most of the company are current or ex military.

They are a great company and very pro gun and pro military.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just posted a reply to a string in the Lounge on Proven Outfitters. Got an e-mail today; they're closing the Woodbridge store. Frown

posted Hide Post
Big news - that’s too bad. That brings us to one LGS in the area; next closest is Sharpshooters AFAIK. Walter/Wally at All Shooters has had my business this past year - especially since he’s a Glock Blue Label dealer AND he takes consignments.

Edited to add: Needless to say I have no info on why they are closing. That said, all I've ever seen going on when I was in the store was transfers. Even 15 $20 transfers a day won't keep the doors open. They always had a great selection of SIG's and S&W's. I'm guessing they are another casualty of on-line buying, and now there will be one less choice here in the area.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GeoJelly,

Posts: 419 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news. They were my go to store for Sigs, Springfields and firearm transfers. Also bought from them online. They will be missed. Hope they continue with their online business.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Thankfully, they will still do on-line sales. I had to go back and read the e-mail; the news ruined an otherwise splendid day.

posted Hide Post
On another forum the Proven Arms/Quantico Tactical owner said the store hasn't made a profit in over 1 1/2 years. They have been closing all the retail stores. I went by yesterday to check it out and they were discounting everything but it wasn't listed anywhere what the actual discount was so you had to ring it up at the cashier to see the lower price. I bought some magazines and Magpul AR stock set for around 30 percent off. The discount was different for each item. I suspect the firearms are discounted less because they shouldn't have any problem selling all the guns before closing in January.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post