SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P320RX Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P320RX Compact Login/Join 
posted
Picked one up Saturday and gave it a try today. I have a P226, P228, and P229, never owned a striker fired 9mm.

The good: Amazing accuracy. Romeo sight was great. Fairly easy to find the dot using the sig sights. I liked the trigger a lot. I struggle with trigger control - my shots tend to be low and left. For some reason, if I took my time, I didn't do that nearly as much with the 320. As I started to feel comfortable and hurry the shots a bit, they started going low and left again, but in a nice group!

The bad: In the 1st 3 mags of CCI 115 gr Blazer Brass ammo, I had 3-4 problems with EACH mag. Mostly failure to fire, a couple of failure to eject. I tried a box of 124 gr CCI Blazer Brass, and had no problems at all. I have never had problems like that with any of my other DA/SA Sigs, so I don't think it was anything I was doing wrong. The 320 came with a tube of Lucas Oil, but I used the Mil Com MP2500 that I use on my other "plastic" frame guns. I tried not to overlube it - like I do with my DA/SA ones. Sig manual is pretty clear on not getting oil near the striker.

Should I be using grease? Stick with oil, just more of it? Hard to believe this is "normal" breakin, but maybe I just need to shoot a bunch more 124 gr?

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
The Compact models are notorious for being tightly sprung straight out of the box. Add in a slightly heavier slide assembly and you'll need even more force to fully and reliably cycle the slide.

I would give it a few more range trips with the heavier ammo.

I also left the slide locked back in the safe for the time being to potentially soften the RSA. Not sure if it did anything but I didn't have an issue afterwards.

Just my .02 but I've had a few issues that seemed to resolve themselves after a reasonable break in period.

FWIW, I've also felt the brand new Sig mags can be a bit sticky/crunchy brand new. A few good cycles of max capacity should smooth things out nicely.

If you still have an issue, Sig will surely make it right.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pruned from the Tree
posted Hide Post
I had a P229 that behaved the same. After about 500 rounds of 124gr ammo it did not have anymore issues. It surprised me that it had to break in, but Sig customer service suggested I try this process before sending it in. I hope it works out for you. Side note - I have 3 P320s and none of them had this issue.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 27, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. What about oil vs grease on the rails? I usually use TW25B grease. Is that OK or should I stick with oil?

Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
Thanks. What about oil vs grease on the rails? I usually use TW25B grease. Is that OK or should I stick with oil?

I still use grease on my P320. I prefer Superlube because is colorless, odorless and easy to apply if you apply with a syringe.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I have yet to see the Compact RX in the wild. Did you find it at a gun shop?

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, local Sig dealer in IA. Had 2 compact RX and one full size RX in Stock. Had one in at Christmas time also, but I was too busy to go.

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranger312:
Yes, local Sig dealer in IA. Had 2 compact RX and one full size RX in Stock. Had one in at Christmas time also, but I was too busy to go.

Cool! I guess I will have to check out some gun shops.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently they are hitting the shelves. Just ordered one today. https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ducts2.cfm/ID/188134

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if Sig will have an "X-change" kit to convert full size to compact. I'd like to use my FCU and Romeo1 from my full size 320RX.

Then again, it may be easier (and not all that much more expensive) to just buy the 320RX compact, assuming I can find one.

Thoughts?

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats I want one of those or the x5.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got my P320RX Compact from my FFL today. Got it on the NRA Inst. deal. Still a little better than the Cabelas deal but not by much.

Our state started collecting sales tax when they passed our draconian anti-gun I-594 funded by Soros a couple years ago. First mail order gun since then. Boy was I surprised when I picked up my new gun and paid the $75 I thought I saved. Oh well, I’m not sending it back.

So my picture tonight is a little ol’ school plus a little brand new. Years ago, I saw the P250 for what it was, a magazine fed revolver per say. Not the fastest girl in town, but reliable. Even if you didn’t take her out much, just Point and Press. Need more, do it again. After several variants of the P250 and exchange kits, I saw one of the early ones (pre new grip module) on sale with the cool digital camo for a good deal and added it to the inventory.

So now, I have a digi-camo P320Rx compact. Did a little magic with the mag bases and stole a couple of my full sized 17 rounder's and I’m headed for the range tomorrow.

Posts: 48 | Location: Whatcom County, WA | Registered: July 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OldMick:
Anyone know if Sig will have an "X-change" kit to convert full size to compact. I'd like to use my FCU and Romeo1 from my full size 320RX.

Then again, it may be easier (and not all that much more expensive) to just buy the 320RX compact, assuming I can find one.

Thoughts?

In talking with the guys at the Pro Shop, they said that they expect them to be released as kits at some point, but that not to expect it until the demand for new full gun orders to decline.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post