SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone make a "thinner" Remora IWB ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone make a "thinner" Remora IWB ? Login/Join 
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted
With the warmer weather coming up, I tend to stuff a pistol in my waistband to take out the garbage, BBQ, and just do some casual general yardwork.

As much as I like the Remora type holsters, they are thick. Does anyone make a thin version?
I know I could go with a kydex IWB with a clip, but I do like the Remora type concept.

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would be hard to thin down much from what Remora makes. I use several of their products, including pocket holsters, tuckable inside waistband, and just plain inside waistband. They make a reinforced holster which feels a bit bulkier (but allows reholstering), and a non-reinforced version that's thinner and lighter, but doesn't do much for reholstering.

With their tuckable, there's provision for a belt clip, and I remove the clip; it stays in place and works fine, and is about the thickest of them, because of the extra flap for tucking a shirt. Even that is a non-issue in any kind of wear that uses a belt.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might try a sticky holster.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider Remora with the Hyde liner option. I have a couple of those. They don't seem to have the filler or padding of the original lining. They are a bit stiffer, but thinner than the original.

Posts: 14 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:

Remora is a sticky holster.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:

Remora is a sticky holster.

Sticky brand holster.

One of the owners of Remora left to make his own brand called "sticky holsters". Apparently they had an argument over what material to use, so he left.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
"Sticky" holster...what the imagination conjures up...eeyuuuw. :bleah:

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at the style Blowback mentions. But I'll probably end up with kydex to get the thinness I wanted.

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
It would be hard to thin down much from what Remora makes. I use several of their products, including pocket holsters, tuckable inside waistband, and just plain inside waistband. They make a reinforced holster which feels a bit bulkier (but allows reholstering), and a non-reinforced version that's thinner and lighter, but doesn't do much for reholstering.

With their tuckable, there's provision for a belt clip, and I remove the clip; it stays in place and works fine, and is about the thickest of them, because of the extra flap for tucking a shirt. Even that is a non-issue in any kind of wear that uses a belt.

+1

The Remora Tuckable is my regular off-duty carry. It's great.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Fist's ultra-thin kydex is pretty thin.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
If you like the Remora qualities, but want thinner, check out what others have said,...Sticky holsters. It's cheap enough to check out, and well worth the price. To make it real easy, here is the link:

https://stickyholsters.com

Never looked back after using one of these vs the remora.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
"Sticky" holster...what the imagination conjures up...eeyuuuw. :bleah:

Ha!

What is really funny is that they have a product called the "Sticky Boyfriend" Eek
http://stickyholsters.com/edc-...ducts/boyfriend.html

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
Sticky holsters are a little thinner than Remora and IMO they stay in my waistband better. Remoras fit the pistol better.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I went the way of a Kydex IWB.
The Well Armed Woman (yeah I know) makes a nice low profile IWB holster which has the belt clip offset so that it doesn't stack up thickness at the center of the pistol where it's thick to begin with.
I have one for my Glock 43 and like it.
With the little Kahr pistol it really disappears, and it's quick on/off.
You can see by the pics the thickness difference compared to the Remora.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
How much thinner do you need? You wearing yoga pants? Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
How much thinner do you need? You wearing yoga pants? Big Grin

Yes! My yoga pants are already snug.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I was sceptical of Kydex until I obtained my first Kydex IWB holster, from PJ Holsters, for my Walther PPS M2 9mm. Now I'm a believer. Thin, light, comfortable, and almost doesn't even need a belt. I wear it comfortably with an inexpensive single-layer web belt. The sweat guard extends the length of the slide, so, even if I wanted to wear it against bare skin, say, under my yoga pants Smile, I could do so.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OneWheelDrive:
Sticky holsters are a little thinner than Remora and IMO they stay in my waistband better. Remoras fit the pistol better.

I got a Sticky Holster for my 45 Shield. They disappear in my wasteband. I'm surprised how well it stays in place. Convenience is great. Only paid about $22.

I actually bought it to pocket carry a Snield in my Duluth Firehose work pants. The front pocket is too large to retain the holster on a draw though. I'll have to play with it a bit more to see if I can get it to stay put. For now, intent is for around the house, trip to store, etc.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:
I went the way of a Kydex IWB.
The Well Armed Woman (yeah I know) makes a nice low profile IWB holster which has the belt clip offset so that it doesn't stack up thickness at the center of the pistol where it's thick to begin with.
I have one for my Glock 43 and like it.
With the little Kahr pistol it really disappears, and it's quick on/off.
You can see by the pics the thickness difference compared to the Remora.

I looked at the Well Armed Woman website, I am partial to the concealment leggings!

All joking aside, even for a female oriented website, there are some nice holster options for men to use also.

I agree, those kydex holsters that put the belt clip in the center add un necessary bulk, and seem to press against my hip harder, I found that out from experience and avoid them now.

I wish some makers would offer a full loop vs a clip on loop or clip, as I have pulled the holster out with my pistol at times, rare, but its happened.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GCE61:
Try a Sticky. I have several of each, Remora and
Sticky. I've found the material used by Sticky to be thinner and slips under the belt line smoother.
Yet are very "sticky".
The owner once worked for Remora. Sort of located "just down the road" from Remora.
Choose the proper holster for your pistol and you'll not see the difference.
G'luck
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post