SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250 front sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250 front sight Login/Join 
Picture of GKDave
posted
Good morning,

Does the front sight on the P250 use a different dovetail than other SIGs? I want to replace the front sight with a fiber optic sight. Ideas are welcome. Thanks, David

"INSTAURARE OMNIA IN CHRISTO" - St. Pius X

Posts: 176 | Location: Florida (Former Yooper) | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The front sight uses the standard Sig dovetail. (The rear sight is a different design, though.)

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent my p250 slide to Grayguns to have a fiber optic front sight installed. $85 for installation and zeroing on one of their 250 frames. Their usually pretty backlogged, not sure when it will be done, but I'm in no hurry and I'm fine with it.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the P250 front sight is the SIG #8 (the experts on the forum could confirm that).
I ordered the green Tritium Fiber Optic front sight from SIG and had the LGS install it.
But I was not happy with the results.
So I got an AMERIGLO and had it installed.
Much better visibility IMHO.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My 9mm P250 front sight is marked 6.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post