SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So...for those who own them, have the Gen5 mods begun yet?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So...for those who own them, have the Gen5 mods begun yet? Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
No, I'm NOT just referring to simply ditching the factory sights for something more preferable to your eyes.

Frankly I hadn't been paying attention but I noticed in the past day or so that ZEV has Gen5 compatible trigger bars utilizing their trigger shoe. I've come to really like the shape of their metal triggers and that the trigger lockup release lever depresses flush with the face of the shoe.

Now that I'm about to 'pull the trigger' on a G45 and maybe a Gen5 G19 MOS as well, I'm wondering if anyone has begun that slippery slope of 'improving' their Gen5 Glocks into something rather UN-factory spec.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have not found a reason to change anything on my Gen5 17. The trigger is every bit as good as the trigger on my modified Gen4 19. I am curious to see what people are doing to their Gen5s.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not that I have seen, you can do what you need with OEM (-) connectors and extended controls if you like.

As soon as the non-MOS Gen 5 G19 comes without the stupid grip cutout, I'll buy one. I'd buy an MOS if the rear dovetail wasn't set so far back on the slide.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
I have not found a reason to change anything on my Gen5 17. The trigger is every bit as good as the trigger on my modified Gen4 19. I am curious to see what people are doing to their Gen5s.

Just picked up a G45 a week ago. Put an Apex Thin Blue Line series flat trigger in it. Ordered a connector and spring kit from Ghost Inc and changed that out. Yup this is a totally different pistol. The pull is around 3.5lbs with little overtravel. The reset is short and very positive. I own 19 Glocks and some have been worked on by Boresight Solutions. Other than those this G45 and my 19X are the only ones that I LOVE to shoot. The short slide on a fullsize 17 frame is special. The way the pistol recoils makes it very easy to shoot it fast and accurate. Glock got it right. Especially with the sights too. Mine are the Ameriglo Agency sights. Really dig these sights.

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to get rid of that awful magwell in a true gen 5 before I buy one. I did put a lot of upgrades in my 19x, I need to test it more since I removed the agency brake

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I see no reason to "mod" my G19.5, I really love the pistol as is. The factory trigger is way better than my G23.3, the cut out in the front grip is unnoticeable by me. I do mount a Streamlight TR7 to it for nightstand duty.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not necessarily Gen 5 specific, but every Glock slide that I might decide to carry concealed gets rounded on the back to get rid of protruding edges. Had the same done on the 19x. The 19x right now is a game gun so I have a Ghost connector and 4.5 striker spring in it. That's about it.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a ZEV trigger in my G45. I'll be getting Tru Glo TFO sights for it next.

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
I don't know about mods but we are seeing a lot come in for refinishing and to be CPII plated

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
Not necessarily Gen 5 specific, but every Glock slide that I might decide to carry concealed gets rounded on the back to get rid of protruding edges. Had the same done on the 19x. The 19x right now is a game gun so I have a Ghost connector and 4.5 striker spring in it. That's about it.

Can you post pictures of one?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boringly stock on all my Gen5s, less sights, of course. I find them to be the most shootable of any Glock I've ever owned, so no reason to mess with aftermarket trigger components.

Posts: 105 | Registered: February 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bulldog, here's a pic. I did not mention that it is also machined for rds system and had front serrations cut in because those are now available from factory. G45 takes care of the latter from the factory, and G19 MOS takes care of both.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bulldog, here's a pic. I did not mention that it is also machined for rds system and had front serrations cut in because those are now available from factory. G45 takes care of the latter from the factory, and G19 MOS takes care of both.

YVK ... How do you like the Atom mount RDS compared to the Glock MOS?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've no experience with MOS. It is a bit convoluted how I got to go with Unity, but I also heard it was more robust. Having used it for a bit, I am uncertain that it is that much better than MOS.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
had front serrations cut in because those are now available from factory.
just curious why this would matter.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see anything done to soften that mag cut out on the 19.
Filled in? Maybe dremel it a little.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apex trigger, Crux mag release, Glock 4.5lb connector and Ameriglo Agent sites. Both my 19.5, 26.5 are set up this way. This combo works very well for me. Each part has a purpose and has not been changed/added for the sake of.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my G19.5 so far no trigger change; changed sights, Ameriglo; installed a Sprinco recoil spring; Pearce mag base plates to cover the half-moon bottom of grip opening; Talon grips, and a Pearce grip plug. I am contemplating changing out the trigger. So far, I like the trigger and will use it as is for some time because it is unusually good.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The CW on most of the other forums for RMR use is getting a slide cut specifically for the optic - ie Glock slide milled for it or an aftermarket.

Allows the sight to sight lower then the MOS, but even then the Unity looks like it's great - I don't know if it's $500 +$50 good tho....

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post