SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock guys. A poll regarding magazines.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock guys. A poll regarding magazines. Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
So I carry a G19 and one G19 regular capacity mag. I have a G17 mag that rides along in my car if I ever feel like I need more and several extra G17 mags in with my HD G17.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
I always carry the largest spare I can manage. When I carried a Glock 19 (when the P320 drop fire vids came out) 1 or 2, 21rd Magpul mags was my backup. My P320 I used the 21rd Factory mags. My current EDC X9, it's 18rd mags.

If shit is so sideways that you have to reload; you need all the bullets in the world. Never understood guys that carried extra 15rd Glock 19 mags.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When carrying a G19, extra mag is G19. When carrying a G26, extra mag is G19.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16085 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carry the G19 with an X-Grip Adapter (G17 mag) plus two G19 15 rounders.

I like the X-Grip strictly for the more consistent grip I get digging out of the holster at speed. Not the extra two rounds.

The two belt-carried G19 15 rounders just conceal better and are more comfortable for me than the G17 mags.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I carry a G19 95% of the time, and rarely anymore, a 17. If I can dress around them, I’ll carry two 17rd mags with +2’s on them, and that’s most of the time. When I can’t, it’s a couple of 15’s. I generally keep a happy stick or two in the pocket of the driver’s door when I travel any further than going to work and back.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
10 round state so another of the same. two more in my pack just to be tacticool.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
When I carry my Glock 26 or 19, the spare mag is a Glock 17 mag.

Any of my Beretta 92 variations, 18 round spare.
PX4 Compact - 15 round or 17 round spare with factory +3 baseplates, depending on the attire. Smile

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Glock 45 + G17 Mag
Glock 19 + G17 Mag

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the factory +2 baseplate with a Wolff +10% spring. Works great.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Can’t get CCW where I live. But for home defense I have a g19 with factory standard mags with factory +2 in the gun. If I could carry legally it would be the g26 with factory +2.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems to me if you are still in what ever encounter fait has thrown on you and you have already emptied the magazine in your Glock and need an emergency reload with a magazine with 2 extra you either are in the very wrong place or have stumbled onto the set of a John Wick movie.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Seems to me if you are still in what ever encounter fait has thrown on you and you have already emptied the magazine in your Glock and need an emergency reload with a magazine with 2 extra you either are in the very wrong place or have stumbled onto the set of a John Wick movie.

You must be 100% confident your primary magazine won't malfunction.

I carry a flush magazine in my G5 19 and a spare 24 round factory magazine in my pocket.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Actually, I think the most likely malfunction that might occur in a semi-automatic pistol would be a mag malfunction and I do carry a spare... in fact I carry a spare magazine in a pouch on my belt even when I'm not carrying a pistol... as I mentioned before right behind the pouch with the nitroglycerin .... I guess I'm in a way the odd man out...my spare mag only holds 8 rounds... which I have to admit is the same as in my carry pistol with one in the chamber...

also, has anyone mentioned the possibility of doing a tactical reload in the middle of the fight?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a civilian I believe your time might be better spent departing the area rather than a tactical reload. Tactical reloads in my mind are predominantly for cops and soldiers. More is coming scenario. As a CCW, if more are coming, fucking beat feet during the lull. Yes, anyone could come up with a scenario where the tactical reload would be smarter but in general my idea is the better option unless someone has a good argument otherwise.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

also, has anyone mentioned the possibility of doing a tactical reload in the middle of the fight?

Tactical reloads are not done in the middle of a fight. Emergency reloads are.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voted for largest model but whatever caliber Glock it happens to be, always a mag from the full-size variant. Sometimes the gun is the full-size variant as well, but usually not.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I'm a big advocate of avoidance and just as big on getting the hell out of Dodge but if you happen to step in shit...... In boot camp they made all the recruits carry 2 pens in case one died and they wanted you to write something down. I apply the same reasoning to my spare magazine but it could save me more then a few pushups someday.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I totally agree on having a spare mag. I was responding to Blume and his tac reload idea. Nope. I’m departing the pattern post haste if I’m able.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a spare factory mag of the same make and model of Glock I might be carrying at that moment.
If its a revolver, I'll pack a spare strip of ammo.

Tactical avoidance and exiting where or, if possible is my first choice assuming I have a choice in a given situation.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a G19 and often I carry a 33 round mag as a spare, depending on the pants or shorts I’m wearing. Most of the time it doesn’t stick out and I can sit down comfortably and i barely notice that it’s there

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post