SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock guys. A poll regarding magazines.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock guys. A poll regarding magazines. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
For those of you that carry a Glock (let’s say a G19 for example)...if you carry a spare mag, do you carry another G19 mag, a G19 mag with a +2 basepad, a G17 mag, a G17 mag with a sleeve, or a higher capacity mag?

Question:
If you carry a Glock, what is your spare mag?

Choices:
Another mag of the same model.
A glock mag from a larger model.
A glock mag from a larger model with a sleeve.
Same mag with a +2 baseplate.
An aftermarket mag of some sort.
No spare mag.
Some other option that I forgot.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Actually I carry a P365 now, but for almost ten years I carried a G19 with the G19 mag in the gun and a G17 mag with a +2 extension as my spare.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
When I carry a Glock 26, I almost always carry a Glock 19 magazine in reserve, and then almost always in a Magholder, LLC horizontal magazine carrier.

Back when I also had a Glock 17, I carried one of those magazines in reserve for the 26.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I chose a larger mag (G22) but the reality is that I probably carry a second same size mag (G23) just as often.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Typically a G32, with two G31 magazines. When just pocket carrying, a P365 with a ten round magazine inserted, and two 15 rd. magazines.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I carry a G17 mag as a reload for my G26.

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I carry a 19 with a 17 reload not necessarily for the extra capacity, but mainly due to the fact that the mag is longer, so it stick up out of the mag pocket on my jeans.
A G19 mag would sink in while the 17 mag would sit a bit higher, and easier to pull out.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I carry my P365XL mostly, but when I carry my P320, I also carry a second P320 mag with a Taran Tactical +2 extender.

I have a G19 with 3 Taran Tactical +2 extenders but I rarely carry a Glock. I just prefer my Sigs better.

I did buy a P320 Compact with Red Dot, a Streamlight WML, and an appendix style holster with a mag pouch, and added a P320 Carry mag with sleeve, but I haven't started trusting the RMR yet, so I don't carry that way yet.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
When I carried a G19, I carried a G19 mag as well.

Same with a 320 compact.

But now that I carry a 2011, I carry a spare 20 rounder instead of a 17. Don't know why other than, since I carry appendix, it's easier for me to conceal and access a longer mag at my 11 o'clock.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
I carry a 19 with a 17 reload not necessarily for the extra capacity, but mainly due to the fact that the mag is longer, so it stick up out of the mag pocket on my jeans.
A G19 mag would sink in while the 17 mag would sit a bit higher, and easier to pull out.

my G17s have all been cut to G19 length and I carry G17 as reloads almost exclusively and have to agree one of the main reasons is the additional length helps with reloads. I am experimenting with the 21rnd MP mag but I find it doesn't conceal as well...duh Wink

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless your build doesn’t allow it I would carry a 17 mag. No extensions unless I was very confident in it which is to say I wouldn’t. I can barely get off the stock Glock baseplate which is annoying most of the time but reassuring in your scenario. It ain’t popping off. Ever.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only use a G19 for road trips. When I do, I have another same size mag on by belt, and two 33 round mags in the car.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not a glock... I carry a Sig P239, my spare magazine is the same factory mag which is in a pouch just behind my nitroglycerine... I carry both with me all the time. The odd part is I carry the spare mag even when I'm not carrying the P239. Interesting time was when I walked into our local social security office and the guard asked if there was a knife in the pouch that I had the spare magazine in... I just answered 'no' and he was okay with that... I knew I was not supposed to carry in that federal building and had left the pistol in the car, but forgot about the spare mag. or the knife I had in a pouch on the other side.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Unless your build doesn’t allow it I would carry a 17 mag. No extensions unless I was very confident in it which is to say I wouldn’t. I can barely get off the stock Glock baseplate which is annoying most of the time but reassuring in your scenario. It ain’t popping off. Ever.

Glock sells G17 mags with the Glock +2 extension already installed.

They, like every other factory Glock mag, are very reliable.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 in summer with a 17 mag with sleeve as a reload.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
G45 with factory 17 round mag in the pistol. Second factory G17 mag somewhere on the body.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot about those. Which is stupid of me because I think I have some on my G23 mags. Those I can’t get off at all. Once they are on I consider them permanent. Lol

I’ve got two tools that are for removing base plates on Glock. The squeezy kind which I find nearly useless and the aluminum blue tool that works amazingly well on flat stock plates but can’t reach around on the extensions.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
A 19 with a 17 or a 23 with a 22 backup. If you require a second magazine you are in to some serious business and need all the rounds you can get.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
A 19 with a 17 magazine or a 23 with a 22 magazine for backup. If you require a second magazine you are in to some serious business and need all the rounds you can get.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My off duty is a G19, I think I have the three magazines that came with it, there's probably 15 G-17 mags laying around.

My duty is a G-21 and if I'm doing anything crazy, I have a G30 as a back up. I'd have a G30 magazine in it, but 3 magazines for the 21 on my belt.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post