SIGforum
Kimber revolver?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9710006134

October 10, 2017, 09:17 PM
smithnsig
Kimber revolver?
Anybody spent any time with one? The 3" more s out now. 3" 6 shot .357 magnum smaller than a k frame. Sounds interesting to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
October 11, 2017, 02:00 AM
sns3guppy
I've handled a few, haven't had a chance to shoot one yet. I handled the 3", liked what I saw, but that doesn't mean much relative to putting rounds downrange. I plan to get one; the 3" interests me more. I don't think it's worth commenting on until it's had a couple thousand rounds through and there's some baseline to determine durability, function, etc.

I'm not a big kimber fan, though I haven't had a problem with their offerings. Their firearms are dressed up; whether there's anything under the dress remains to be seen.
October 11, 2017, 05:11 AM
Fredward
I have the DCR model, which has upgrades sights and Viz style grips. I have about 400 rounds thru it. It's slightly on the heavy side, less than a Ruger SP 101 though I think. The trigger is sweet, heavy like a revolver should be but very smooth. Fit is perfect, and finish is top end. I have had no malfunctions, and accuracy is very comparable to my P250/320 compacts. I haven't had a chance to play with it much out to 20 yards or further. I look forward to firing a 3 inch, in intend to buy one, likely in the spring. There was a recall over something very minor, something about a screw that needed Loc-Tite. On the advice of members on another forum, I put the glue on myself rather than play with the recall. Kimber CS sent me a little tube. (Maybe it was the forum guy.) There are several reviews on the Kimber forum, some people were not happy and sent them back for work.