SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which do own Browning Buck Mark or Ruger 22/45?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which do own Browning Buck Mark or Ruger 22/45? Login/Join 
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
I like the rugers

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Nice pics Clem!

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The Ruger doesn't require you to remove hex head screws to disassemble it.

No the Mark II just required 6 hands and 50 curse words to get it back together. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The browning comes with the hex driver. I don't have any issues with taking it apart, it's easy and it's a .22 LR so it's not like I'm using it as a combat weapon in the field.

The Buckmark is more popular by far than the 22/45. Only because they've been making buckmarks for 40 or 50 years and there's a whole lot of them out there, and the rugar 22/45 is less than 10 years old, so a smaller amount produced. But if you're counting all of the ruger models (mark 1,2 ,3 etc.) than I'd ray ruger by far.

If I could speak on the OP’s behalf, I think he meant the Ruger MK in general and not specifically the 22/45. I have a MK III 22/45 and typically call it a 22/45 and not a MK just because I try to differentiate it from the MKs because it is a smaller subset.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I actually did mean the 22/45 Jason. But a better question probably would have been all Ruger MK variants.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I've got the Ruger MK IV 22/45, Shoots great and take apart is super simple.

Posts: 6619 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
and the rugar 22/45 is less than 10 years old, so a smaller amount produced.

Come again?

The 22/45 was introduced in 1992, so that's...

*counts on fingers*

...more than 10 years ago.

(Specifically 27 years, for the math deficient amongst us. Wink)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Of the two listed, I own a 22/45.

Only had that scope on it for the one range trip. Wears an old Optima 2000 dot now. With a Tamdom Kross trigger and Volquartsen sear, it shoots great.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
and the rugar 22/45 is less than 10 years old, so a smaller amount produced.

Come again?

*counts on fingers*

(Specifically 17 years, for the math deficient amongst us. Wink)

When I was thinking of the 22/45, I am thinking of when Ruger re-introduced the gun in 2004 to have the 1911 grip angle and Mark III features...….so I guess 15 years...…...I don't know anything about an earlier version of a 22/45.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have nothing against the Buck Mark, exactly, it has just never "tripped my trigger," if you will. I do own a MK IV 22/45 Lite, part of my Ruger "family."

One-button takedown. Smile Like the other two pictured (AR-556 and LCP), it has been satisfactory.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I own both a Buckmark and a Ruger MKII Target. The Buckmark is the most fun handgun I own. I had the factory barrel cut and threaded down to 4" and had the front sight set back. I installed a Tactical Solutions Picatinny top rail on the Buckmark.

I can use standard bulk ammo and they are subsonic out of the 4" barrel. I like the fact that you can change barrels on the Buckmark with 2 screws. Not so with the MK series pistols.

The MKII is the most accurate I have with the bull barrel. Both are built like tanks and provide hours of fun.

You can flip the factory sear spring on the Buckmark and it takes your trigger pull down to about 2 pounds. It's called the Heggis flip as the guy who figured it out was member "Heggis" over on rimfirecentral. If you ever get hammer follow, you can simply flip it back to the original orientation. I've been running mine flipped for about 5 years without failure.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I was thinking of the 22/45, I am thinking of when Ruger re-introduced the gun in 2004 to have the 1911 grip angle and Mark III features...….so I guess 15 years...…...I don't know anything about an earlier version of a 22/45.

The 22/45 has always had a 1911 grip angle. That's what makes it a "22/45", as opposed to the Luger-style grip angle on the standard Ruger .22s.

The original 22/45 introduced in 1992 was the Mark II 22/45. The Mark III 22/45 was then introduced in 2004. And now they're on the Mark IV 22/45, which debuted in 2016.

So they've been around longer than "less than 10 years". Or even 15 years.

Here's a Mark II 22/45:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
For me personally. Buckmark, but my buddy builds some crazy fun, fast, light race guns out of 22/45's. A true joy to shot. It depends on what you want want to do with it. My Buckmark is a clunker for Rimfire Challenge, but I like it better than his tricked out guns, even if I can shot his faster.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Also a sucker for the MKII 22/45. I'm always on the lookout for the 4" bull barrel.

Posts: 3519 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Come again?

*counts on fingers*

(Specifically 27 years, for the math deficient amongst us. Wink)

Yeah, the 22/45 is old enough that I bought it for the kids when they were young, and they're grown and gone from home, so definitely more than a decade.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it became next to impossible to get a Ruger 22 auto in CA, I sold my pencil barrel NRA dinner gun MkII and bought 2 buck marks and haven’t looked back. Totally modular, easy to work on and customizable and the aftermarket support is just strong. Since most models are on the roster, new they are affordable and used they don’t command a premium. I’ll probly buy another in the future and pimp it out with Tac-sol goodies.

Main problem with the mk2 and 22/45 is the serial number is on the barreled upper making THAT part the firearm not the frame like most every other gun in the world.

Posts: 4764 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
When it became next to impossible to get a Ruger 22 auto in CA, I sold my pencil barrel NRA dinner gun MkII and bought 2 buck marks and haven’t looked back. Totally modular, easy to work on and customizable and the aftermarket support is just as strong for the browning. Since most models are on the roster, new they are affordable and used they don’t command a premium. I’ll probly buy another in the future and pimp it out with Tac-sol goodies.

Main problem with the mk2 and 22/45 is the serial number is on the barreled upper making THAT part the firearm not the frame like most every other gun in the world.

Posts: 4764 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Mark one to Mark 3, 22-45, target bull barrel, PacLites. They are all good, feeding issue were ammo related. The take down is easy once you learn how to do it. I like the 'spring' eject for the mags on the MK-3s. Mag from the MK1 to MK3 all fit with a minor mod. Around here the Rugers are less costly than the Buckmarks. The only downside is the Ruger upper receiver is the FFL requirement.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post