SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther Q4 SF
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther Q4 SF Login/Join 
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering how is a rear sight integrated with the optic ready model?

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
This all steel Q4 is really has me wanting one. My 2020 wishlist is for other manufacturers to offer steel framed versions of their popular polymer framed pistols.

Couldn't agree more... starting with Steyr and HK.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Pricey.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
This all steel Q4 is really has me wanting one. My 2020 wishlist is for other manufacturers to offer steel framed versions of their popular polymer framed pistols.

Couldn't agree more... starting with Steyr and HK.

A steel framed steyr, especially as well done as the walther would be my wet dream.. especially an optics ready model

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
So, it’s pretty much just a steel frame PPQ?
The frames are substantially different, both externally and the takedown mechanism.

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think we have a good chance to see an M1 version of the pistol. Listen to this Walther production manager's remarks, specifically the last 90 seconds of the exchange.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
This is one of the videos I've viewed. Seeing the machine work of its frame is pretty sweet. It is a very tech pistol. Wonder if Walther intends more than one chambering ?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The video certainly makes one wonder what the Q3, Q2 & Q1 plans are...

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have moved back to hammer fired DA/SA for a long time now and that is my comfort zone generally speaking. I have no problems with strikers of course just my own personal comfort zone.

All that being said if Walther releases a Q4SF with the M1 paddle release my ass might catch on fire due to the friction and speed my wallet leaves the pocket. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I have moved back to hammer fired DA/SA for a long time now and that is my comfort zone generally speaking. I have no problems with strikers of course just my own personal comfort zone.

All that being said if Walther releases a Q4SF with the M1 paddle release my ass might catch on fire due to the friction and speed my wallet leaves the pocket. Big Grin

I've spent enough time shooting button-release pistols that I've got the muscle memory down for both styles and can switch back and forth without trouble, but I've thought the paddle release was an obviously superior design since I got a P99 circa 2000. The HK45C and P30L I bought a few years back only cemented that opinion.

I would be all over a Q5 SF with a paddle release.

This year is the first time I've been really excited about a bunch of different new pistols in a long time. If I end up in a store with a Dan Wesson DWX I don't think I'll be able to avoid taking it home.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in a Q4 SF if it were not for the price. So far it looks like is will be $1250-$1350 depending if you want the optic ready version.

I have a a variety of PPQ pistols, for this price I would go with a Q5.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I like it a lot. It does take regular PPQ mags right?

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, PPQ M2 magazines. Because of their different takedown mechanisms, the slides are not interchangeable between the Q4 SF and the PPQ.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, PPQ M2 magazines. Because of their different takedown mechanisms, the slides are not interchangeable between the Q4 SF and the PPQ.
Thanks! Depending on the price I might be in on one of these.

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I really dig that two-tone Q5 Match SF in the video above. If they could do that with the Q4 SF, I'd really be interested. I also prefer the M1 mag release.

Things I'm not crazy about on the Q5 Match SFs is that weird beavertail, the superfluous slide cuts and the stair step cuts in the dust cover. The triggers on the Match SF also seem to be more Duty grade than Match grade. Also, they seem to be pretty lackluster in terms of accuracy based on the American Rifleman review they did a while back. Certainly not befitting of the "Match" moniker.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
So, it’s pretty much just a steel frame PPQ?
The frames are substantially different, both externally and the takedown mechanism.

I'm hoping the new SF will fit in holsters designed for the PPQ Q4. The uppers seem very similar in design and size.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
I really dig that two-tone Q5 Match SF in the video above. If they could do that with the Q4 SF, I'd really be interested. I also prefer the M1 mag release.

Things I'm not crazy about on the Q5 Match SFs is that weird beavertail, the superfluous slide cuts and the stair step cuts in the dust cover. The triggers on the Match SF also seem to be more Duty grade than Match grade. Also, they seem to be pretty lackluster in terms of accuracy based on the American Rifleman review they did a while back. Certainly not befitting of the "Match" moniker.

I replaced the OEM trigger spring with a 3.5# spring found on line and my Match SF shoots quite well (this is at 15 yards with a Trijicon RMR).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Q4 barrels are different from PPQ barrels, per this video. Walther will soon offer threaded barrels for the Q4.

This one's in German but if you turn on closed captioning you'll see an English subtitle.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
I'm still itching for the Q5. I wonder what the weight difference is between the Q4 and Q5. The weights I found online didn't make much sense. I like the weight of the steel frame for a competition gun but not so sure on a CC type gun.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is a luxury item. Luxury items don't have to make sense. This particular design already exists in a perfectly sensible polymer variant, street price less than a Glock.

Now, if I were to carry such a heavy pistol concealed, I'd opt for a shoulder holster. Two magazines on the offside to balance it out.

But, that's all fantasy. This isn't something the average owner will carry. It could probably do without that rail, too.

I imagine we'll see a non-competition longslide version.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023