SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommend a kydex OWB holster G17
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a kydex OWB holster G17 Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I also like JM of they make one that fits your require,ents.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Raven Prerun for my G17 as well and like it. I prefer the older Raven's (just prior to the Prerun) but the Prerun performs and carry's well.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I bought a Black Rhino for my G19 with the TLR7 mounted on it. I'm sure that it was here on SF that I first heard about them. I'm not big into Kydex, but that holster is very well-built, and works well.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I'm about to order a Vedder.... unless someone knows of something better.......

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
All my competition holsters are going to be from LS Holster. I use the Huron but they make an Antero that’s a little more concealable.

https://www.lsholster.com/ante...tol-holster-options/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/

I just got my first one and now I want another.
Tell them what gun and what light. Ask for the heavy duty kydex.

They will make whatever you want.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BladeTech makes an excellent competition holster in their OWB Classic holster. Full kydex and several different attachment methods (pancake, ASR, etc). I prefer the ASR attachment for competition. My other holster brand favorites are Black Rhino and Vedder, but I can’t speak to their competition holsters

Posts: 76 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: May 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
I love Garrett Industries OWB holsters. Great people to talk to and very good product.
Garrett can be very creative in design. Similarly built are from a small maker but what jl is seeking would come under their custom offerings. Funky name but I like how they build them, Skull Crush Holsters. I really like their magazines pouches.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.refactortactical.c...?variant=36947640522

I'm waiting on a holster for my G-21 and WML.

Recommend from a few of our SWAT guys, they like them.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black Point Tactical , works check them out , Mission First is another ,

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I have been buying Garrett Holsters for years. Great to deal with and he can mold whatever you need. His leather lined Kydex is the perfect marriage imo. Kydex on the outside for durability and leather lined for a much quieter draw and much easier on the guns finish.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
The last 3 OWB kydex holsters I bought have been from JM Custom Kydex or Red Hill Tactical. None have been for an attached light but some designs seem much wider than they need to be with too many screws.

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
jljones, if you've not decided yet, please take a look at werkz.com kydex in the ccw methods forums belts and holsters thread. Thats some very nice offerings at fair price and fast turn around.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
All my Kydex are from G Code.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
For standard belt holsters, I usually go with either the T-Rex option MikeGLI mentioned or, more frequently, G-Code.

Overall, the G-Code holsters are nicer than the T-Rex, but T-Rex will usually be faster with shipping.

For a concealable holster, I'd look elsewhere, but those are my standard range on the belt holsters. Both mfgs will have a full set of options for Glock pistols.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
If its going to be range/warbelt type set up I would go with T.Rex Ragnarok no question in my mind. If you might want to conceal it somewhat go with Bravo Concealment. IMO

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
I was not happy with the retention of the bravo concealment with a light. Had to forcefully mash it down to get it in the holster. Surprised because I like their non light bearing models.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
I’m voting for Vedder since I represent them. Take a look at their outside the waistband offerings. There turn around time is usually just a few days. I have a link in my profile.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1271 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bravo Concealment OWB holsters are first rate and quite affordable. I got one with their price deal when I got an IWB for my 365 and have been a happy boy.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now my standard range holster is either a Tenicor ARX LUX for OWB or, with kit and warbelt a Safariland 6354DO. I've also had good experience with Blade Tech in the past.

I've owned the T-Rex Arms Ragnorak and was disappointed by its retention. If you're looking for a competition holster, where speed is paramount, its a good option. However, too many users place speed as the most essential attribute to the detriment of other equally important points like: design, fit, retention, protection. A couple of people I know have had their pistols tumble out of their Ragnorak's when bending over or, running. Red Face There's quite a bit of the pistol exposed and if you're doing a dynamic course or, your work requires you to do a lot of movement, the chance of things getting tangled up or, grit/debris getting inside the holster causing problems is pretty high.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post