SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommend a kydex OWB holster G17
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a kydex OWB holster G17 Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I’m looking for some recommendations for an outside the waistband kydex holster. Fits Glock 17 with a RMR and X300u. I’ve looked at the Bravo Concealment and for $42 it doesn’t look bad. It’s the “pancake” style kydex. I’m not really concerned with concealability.

Recommendations?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I picked up a TRex Arms a few months back that checked all of my boxes. It was inexpensive, readily available, and shipped quickly. Glock 17, RMR, x300.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind spending the money if the quality is there.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Black Rhino is where I spend my money. The ones I have make an audible click when bolstering. I boogered one up and they let me send it back. They fixed my mistake at no charge.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Tenicor ARX SOL. I have one of the non light bearing versions and it is an exceptionally well designed and executed holster.

https://tenicor.com/collection...wb-holster-for-glock

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
I love Garrett Industries OWB holsters. Great people to talk to and very good product.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
We have a mutual friend who is issued a G17 Gen5 with a RMR and X300.
He wears this when in plainclothes. Conceals quite well under a regular shirt.

https://blackpointtactical.com/shop/lwlm/

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Gunfighters Inc. when it comes to OWB Kydex. I've got several of their holsters and have been well pleased. My current duty holster (investigator attire) is from Warrior Concealment. Regulations require a retention device, and they made me a holster for my 229r and TLR7 with a rotating hood that is excellent and about as concealable as such a holster can be.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might try PJ Holster:
https://pjholster.com/products/owb

I ordered an IWB from him last year. Impressed with the design, quality, price and CS. Large variety of options on his standard products. OWB is $55.

He seems to be a semi-custom one-man shop and will likely make modified versions of his standard stuff.

I e-mailed him with a couple of questions and he got back within two hours. Shipped in a week.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
If fast shipping and inexpensive check ALL the boxes, then my current choice checks NONE of the boxes.

I ordered a Legacy Firearms Light Bearing Hyperion holster for my Sig P320C/Romeo I/TLR-7 rig. The whole idea of a gun with a light and a red dot is such a departure from my comfort zone, that I decided to add an appendix rig to the dream. After all it "IS THE FUTURE" ... or so I've been told.

As for a normal OWB holster, I'm a big fan of the Cobra KOR line. But I don't know if he makes a KOR for a gun with RMR and/or WML?

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red River Tactical will build one for you.
I have good luck with a Kydex holster builder I saw on EBay and Amazon:
R&R Holsters.
080 thickness Kydex and are often priced around 30 bucks. They make lightmount holsters and I think most would offer clearance for an optic.
They are out of Jacksonville FL.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have a few holsters from Bravo Concealment and in fact my son and I were using them at the June class in Paducah. They work as advertised, but I’m still looking for something better. I’m not dissatisfied but I’m not going to order any new holsters from them either.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
For some reason people poopoo the Raven Perun but I like it. I just ordered one for my Glock 31.

This is the 19/23/32/45 sized one with TLR-7. Not sure if they make one for the Surefire.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
For the price and speed, Bravo Concealment is a good, high quality option. I have about a half dozen of their OWB holsters., and am happy with them.

You can get a little better quality with some of the custom kydex makers, and have it customized to add on whatever extra stuff you want, but it'll cost 2x-3x as much and will take many times longer. (Weeks/months instead of days.) I only do that when I'm looking for something special or uncommon.

But if all you want is a basic kydex pancake for a widely available gun and light combo without any fancy custom addons, I'd just grab a Bravo Concealment OWB holster and roll on.

(And if you want it to be a bit more concealable too, their additional pancake loops are worth springing for.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with an outfit that's local to me: Muddy River Tactical. I don't think they offer a pancake style. Their leather gunbelts are very, very good.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
JM Kydex is my go to.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
JM Kydex is my go to.

Jerry, I'd like to second a vote for JM Custom Kydex. The quality is the best I've seen since I started carrying guns in 1990.

I run Safariland 7TS ALS, Raven, Bravo, Wilson, and I like JM Custom the best by far. I've bought 3 holsters in the last 3 months from Tony (1 for me; 2 for my kids), and he's a great guy to deal with. Pro-LE with LE discount and quick to answer questions. JM also has a quick-ship option for your Glocks and a wide variety of kydex colors. I'll try to post some pics of my Beretta M9A3 in JM Custom Kydex OWB2 with WML in gray.

I know some guys who also like Tier 1 and Gunfighters, Inc., but I stick with JM Custom Kydex because the quality is just top flight.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also like the Perun.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I echo Black Rhino.
Then probably KT Mech or JMCK.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard good things about Tenicor, but I’ve experienced good things with Eclipse Holsters.

https://eclipseholsters.com/pr...lsters/owb-holsters/

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post