SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 89 Fans, Authorities a ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 89 Fans, Authorities a ? Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted
I have a Beretta 87 and have really enjoyed it.

I have always heard the 89 is the real deal however. I follow them on Gunbroker every now and then of course.
I have noticed there appears to be two roll marks on them. One will say ~ "Beretta Gold Mod 89" and the other will say ~ "Beretta Standard Mod 89".

I was wondering if there is any difference beyond the two slide roll markings?

Thanks,

HK Ag

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HK Ag,

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know Gold vs no Gold means. The 89 is considered the "real deal" target gun because it has a real deal trigger on it. Unlike the 87 Target (I have one), the 89 trigger is worthy of the title "target". Many guys put 89 guts into an 87 Target to truly make an 87 Target.

You will like your 89.

Posts: 7456 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
There's an 89 and 89 Gold Standard. I've got an 89GS...its a great gun but super, super heavy compared to an 87BB or even 87T.

I'd have to go back and read about the differences between them. I think its just the difference in model year.

edit - yep. http://92fs.net/FAQ/S81/Family...mily%20Tree%2004.jpg

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Thanks PGT, that link is super helpful.

So as you thought appears to be just the year of manufacture. So '85-'86 say "Gold Standard".

Great to see the 81 Family tree, nice work whoever pulled that together.

Thanks again,

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link PGT – very informative. I have an 87T, purchased new, Jan, 2016. I love it. With 2500 rounds through it, the trigger is now quite good. I think Beretta has changed the trigger design. I've seen older posts that say that the 87T trigger has lots of creep, but mine doesn't. It had a lot of over-travel, but I added an over-travel stop to fix that.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Those diagrams are from the FAQ section on the Beretta Forum. Very helpful across all models for sure.

Rapidfire strings in my 89GS are a ton of fun. So much so, I wish there was a way to make the new 15rd M9-22 mags work in it.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post