SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365 vs 365XL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365 vs 365XL Login/Join 
posted
Is the fire control unit the same in these pistols?

Thanks for your response.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same FCU. Different length barrels, different length silides, and different grip module. Same fire control unit (trigger group)

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Same FCU. Different length barrels, different length silides, and different grip module. Same fire control unit (trigger group)

In addition, the P365 comes from the factory with a curved trigger, but the P365XL comes from the factory with a flat trigger. But yes, the FCUs are interchangeable. This means that you can install a P365 slide and/or grip on your XL FCU, and vice versa.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the P365X with XL grip module and regular length slide with XL optics cut.

All use the same FCU, even the SAS which only has different slide stop and takedown levers. Swapping FCU's takes about a minute with a small punch. I put the flat trigger in everything too.

Sig really thought things out with the modular FCU in the P365 and P320 before it. Now you can get standard or XL grip, and standard, SAS, X, or XL slides. Mix and match as you like. If you always use 12 round extended mags, get the XL grip and put the 12 round flush fits in it. Less pinching your fingers on reloads. Get optic and non-optic slides to use depending on clothing/concealability.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all good to know.

I recently tried out a 365XL and the only thing I *didn't* like was the trigger. So I got an XL frame for my 365. Swapped the fcu over, swapped floorplates on my 12 rd mags and I'm happy as a clam.

But good to know that, should I ever give in to temptation and pick up a 365XL I could swap in a curved trigger and it would behave the same as my 365. Oh and whoever came up with the 365X is an evil genius.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
So I got an XL frame for my 365. Swapped the fcu over, swapped floorplates on my 12 rd mags and I'm happy as a clam.

Good deal. That's what I did with mine as well, P365 slide and FCU on XL grip. It's a great setup.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by GregY:
So I got an XL frame for my 365. Swapped the fcu over, swapped floorplates on my 12 rd mags and I'm happy as a clam.

Good deal. That's what I did with mine as well, P365 slide and FCU on XL grip. It's a great setup.

That's what I did as well. I plan to install the XL's flat trigger blade as well.

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same here. I really like the larger frame on the smaller slide.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I really, really want to make a 365LS.

If any of you have a XL slide/spring/barrel that you don’t want, I’m your guy.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post