SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I love horse trading guns.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love horse trading guns. Login/Join 
posted
I traded a superposed lightning I picked up at a good price for a 1972 model 41.

Both had their love marks, I think we both walked away feeling like the other guy was an idiot. That being said I was all in at a nice price point on the superposed. I figure that to be a reasonable trade. It brought me to a 41 at a price i found acceptable. The previous owner is dropping off the rear sight and two more mags next week.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I've yet to own a 41 but it's on my list. I love the thrill of the hunt.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
That's nice!

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
You might as well stop there. That's going to be a hard act to follow.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Nice job.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been a long search for an older model 41. I spent some time cleaning it last night. It needed a bit of love under the grips along the trigger bar and in the magazine's. It seems to be clean and smooth now. I will probably replace the grips when I get a chance. They are just a bit big for my hands.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've worked several good trades but one thing I've found...if its not a gun you want for your own collection, be sure to get some extra margin in the deal. The other guy is trading it because he/she can't sell it at their valued price most likely which means it will be hard for you to do so.

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He came through, one more mag, original muzzle brake, and original sight. Now i just have to shoot it.

posted Hide Post
thats a nice pistol. congrats

my local shop had one in 22 short and had various factory barrel lengths with the extra weight. it was alleged that the sellers ancestor had used it in the olympics in the 70s. yeah well... buy the gun not the story as they say.

Posts: 4752 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
nice,

I picked up one a few years ago , similar vintage, with an extra 5" barrel,

shoots much better that I can,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post