SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Adjusting P320 SC 9mm Sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adjusting P320 SC 9mm Sights Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted
In a previous post, I described shooting left and eventually deciding that it was placement of my trigger finger that was causing the pull.

Today, I put the pistol on a benchrest to make sure it was me and not the pistol. Surprisingly, I was still going a little left and had two very experienced shooters who work at the range have the same thing happen. It looks like the sights are just slightly off.

I don't have a sight pusher. Is that an absolute necessity even if I just need to make a very slight adjustment, or will a vise and a few gentle taps with a small punch do the trick?

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
In a previous post, I described shooting left and eventually deciding that it was placement of my trigger finger that was causing the pull.

Today, I put the pistol on a benchrest to make sure it was me and not the pistol. Surprisingly, I was still going a little left and had two very experienced shooters who work at the range have the same thing happen. It looks like the sights are just slightly off.

I don't have a sight pusher. Is that an absolute necessity even if I just need to make a very slight adjustment, or will a vise and a few gentle taps with a small punch do the trick?

I've done it with some nylon punches. Should be pretty easy.
I had a LE trade in 239 that you could tell the sights were moved. A few taps and all was good again.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Even with a sight pusher, moving the rear sight in a 320 is difficult. I have to really crank down hard to get it to move that slight amount.

Find someone with the proper sight pusher and save yourself some grief. Using the hammer and punch method is a crap shoot. you have no idea how far the sight is moved, if any.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:

Find someone with the proper sight pusher and save yourself some grief. Using the hammer and punch method is a crap shoot. you have no idea how far the sight is moved, if any.

Scribe lines along the sides of the sight base in the dovetail using a mechanical pencil. Then you can gauge how far it has moved.

I use that even with my sight pushers, when making fine adjustments.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Went to DFW Gun Range where I usually shoot today and one of the counter crew moved my rear sight about 1 mm to the right. That did the trick!

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post