SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    From Diamond Plate To Armor Plate - Thanks CCR!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From Diamond Plate To Armor Plate - Thanks CCR!!! Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
Please forgive any lint, glare, and lack of fancy staging in the pictures as they were done in a hurry. I just received my P226 9mm Diamond Plate slide and barrel back from visiting with CCR this evening and the results speak for themselves. Slide was done in the experimental CPII Dusk and the barrel in CPII. The slide matches perfectly with the SIG frame and I love the contrast of having the barrel in CPII. I now call it my P226 Armor Plate! Big Grin

Once again...CCR rocks! Thank you again Brad and Marry! Love your attention to detail and how it came out!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a diamond plate Sig before and really liked. That finish looks really good.

Posts: 6864 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that looks great! The new CPII Dusk is very good looking.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Question on the finish and specifically the diamond plate. Is it actually a raised or engraved diamond or is it just a finish/ drawing?

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments!

The Diamond Plate models came from SIG with the diamond plate pattern engraved into the all stainless slides (you can feel them with your fingernail) making them stand out more then the more matte natural stainless slide surface finish. The CPII Dusk plating is thin enough as to not fill them completely but thick enough that you can feel them less with your fingernail while still showing off the diamond plate pattern, just more subdued and of course without the brighter appearance they originally had from being engraved into the metal of the slide. They are black like the rest of the slide, but still catch the light to a certain degree as seen in the photos, but much less than before and why I call it "Armor Plate". Well, that and the finish looks and feels really durable while also having a slick and self lubricating feel to it to a degree without being overly slippery. Smile

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
Dtech
Glad you like it remember the Dusk is still experimental. You have a one of a kind

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
Dtech
Glad you like it remember the Dusk is still experimental. You have a one of a kind

Thanks again! The pictures don't even truly do it justice, as it looks amazing in person. I hope to try to take better ones when I get the chance. The fact that it is experimental and that it is one of a kind makes me hesitant to even shoot it, at least right away. I have others I can shoot in the mean time.

If anyone is considering refinishing a firearm or firearms parts, do yourself a favor and send them to CCR!

-Dtech

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CCR:
Dtech

I have a one of a kind, too, the original "battle worn" Dusk. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The battle worn look on yours looks really cool 12131! If they applied that to an all stainless SIG it would look vintage cool all over like an older 1911.

-Dtech

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Here's another original DUSK

finally got one of my grail guns and will be sending it in for CPII/Nikote.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8008 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Your Glock came out really nice too Chowser! It looks a lot like the Gen 5 finish.

-Dtech