SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W Shield 9mm EZ.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Shield 9mm EZ. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We got a couple of them in. Definitely a little stiffer than the 380, but still pretty easy to rack compared to many other guns. Obviously I can’t shoot the new products so I can’t speak to the recoil, but I’m sure there will be plenty of reviews any day on them.

Posts: 1300 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will holsters for the EZ 380 fit? Guessing the slide is thicker.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just so happens I was handed one by my local "pusher" today when I stopped in. I teach the Basic Pistol class there and told him he better put one in the range rental case, cause it would be awesome for beginners classes. It was significantly easier to rack than a Shield, P365, or Hellcat. I like that it has the grip safety but you can either order it with or without the manual safety. A unscientific poll I take at my classes shows new shooters like having the extra step of a manual safety, but appreciate an "automatic" safety, like a grip safety.
Drawback was it is taller and longer than a Shield, P365 or Hellcat.
If Mom was still around, she'd be getting one for Christmas.

Posts: 269 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Serious local dealer (well 20+ miles away) let anyone fire 5 rounds for free. It is easy to rack, load, and I found it easy to fire good groups. Wife, who is pistol instructor, was delighted and bought a M&P9 EZ. She says that the feel is better than that of the several pistols she shoots. I found that the grip safety is easy for me not to grip right, wife has no problem with grip safety. Slightly tricky to dis-assemble and re-assemble - must not touch grip safety and must place the recoil spring just-so. Quality product. Ideal for quite a few people. Seems to be like the P365 in that one can shoot it well out of the box.
Expect to see both the 9mm EZ and 380 EZ at qualifiers.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Ho ho ho

Thank you Santa for EZ9 that was in my stocking for Christmas !

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Follow-up: Required trigger force measured right at 6 pounds-force for wife's 9mm EZ - others have reported about the same. However, shoots low and others report the same thing. The 380 EZ also tended to shoot low from POA. A too brief search did not find source of taller rear sights.
After about 50 rounds, lighter loads worked OK.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 380 EZ also tended to shoot low from POA.

Please elaborate. Where was the POA and what sight picture was used? What ammunition?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sight picture was the common front post/dot in between the rear-sight's notch with all three dots at same level and with the assembly centered on target. Not a "6 o'clock" hold.
Ammo used included 147 grain with light powder loads to 115 Blazer Brass. Essentially same POI at 25 yards for a variety of 9mm rounds.
Multiple experienced shooters encountered the low POI vs POA.

Mac in Michigan