SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W Shield 9mm EZ.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W Shield 9mm EZ. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Smith snuck this one in under the radar, at least to me.
9mm ez.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Damn. I already have the 380 EZ.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Damn. I already have the 380 EZ.

Same here. But I am going to get one. I don't know why but I really like the EZ guns.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are really a nice solution for a common problem with some people. I was amazed at how it feels in the hand and the manipulation of parts is awesome.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
As a Glock freak I have to admit.........
it's pretty freakin' L E G E N D A R Y!

Actually, my whole family loves to shoot the EZ.

Nice to see it's available in 9mm.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been looking at the 380 but I will wait to see this 9mm. Thanks for the heads up

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
My parents are both in their 70's and like the 380EZ for ease of racking the slide. I'll pass this along to them. thanks for the heads up.

In the Glock event thread I mentioned this is how Glock should have released their .22 LR. Just drop it and let the market find it. Glock would have called this gun "legendary!"n and held a marching band filled parade for its release.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
My parents are both in their 70's and like the 380EZ for ease of racking the slide. I'll pass this along to them. thanks for the heads up.

In the Glock event thread I mentioned this is how Glock should have released their .22 LR. Just drop it and let the market find it. Glock would have called this gun "legendary!"n and held a marching band filled parade for its release.

Yet here you are talking abouy the new Glock 44 in a Smith and Wesson thread. Seems like Glock knew exactly what they were doing.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

Yet here you are talking abouy the new Glock 44 in a Smith and Wesson thread. Seems like Glock knew exactly what they were doing.

https://images.app.goo.gl/DvMxxVeArVgHjrgx6

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:

Whoa! Take it easy Gaston....

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Nah, I'm shitting on them, but if you think the marketing boys wanted to get their company laughed at, ok, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Anyway, if someone gets their hands on one of these, can you confirm if the slide is indeed easy to rack? That's the hallmark of the 380EZ. I'm wondering how they achieve that with 9MM recoil springs, but perhaps it's just under sprung and needs to be changed more frequently? I doubt this gun's target audience shoots a ton of rounds per year anyways.

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:

Anyway, if someone gets their hands on one of these, can you confirm if the slide is indeed easy to rack? That's the hallmark of the 380EZ. I'm wondering how they achieve that with 9MM recoil springs, but perhaps it's just under sprung and needs to be changed more frequently? I doubt this gun's target audience shoots a ton of rounds per year anyways.

You touched something to me is rather amazing. For how easy it is to rack the .380, it sure is soft shooting. I'm wondering if SW was able to perform the same magic with the 9mm? The vid on S&Ws website, it appear fairly light recoiling also.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nah, I'm shitting on them, but if you think the marketing boys wanted to get their company laughed at, ok, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Mrgunsandgear posted a video 10 minutes after S&W's press release (or so it seamed Smile and among other things, he emphasized that the 9mm is somewhat stiffer to rack than the .380 but nothing like a Glock or S&W 2.0, or other polymer 9s. It's also about 4-5 ounces heavier.
Check it out, he is always worth 20 minutes of one's time.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Thanks Frank! I will check it out for sure. much appreciated.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Mike's video was great as usual and he left me wanting one. I don't need one and I don't dig the grip safety but I'm curious.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I’m not a big M&P fan, but the Mrs. might like to have one of those.

BTW, Julie Golob sure can sell guns. She’s a real sweetheart.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
My local shop has some. Think I’ll check them out.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No affiliation with company - 9mm EZ for $359.99 and 380 EZ for $299.99

Both guns are shown at these prices with and without safety

I think this is a one day sale....

https://www.abidearmory.com/day-12/

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I should have one in on Monday, any questions or pic requests, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out.

edit -- with thumb safety (I didn't pick it out , my sales rep did)

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1193 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I wonder how this compares to the Walter CCP? That gun uses gas pressure to retard slide movement, not just spring pressure or slide mass. This allows them to use a weaker recoil spring.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post