SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FN 509??? Anyone shot one??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 509??? Anyone shot one?? Login/Join 
posted
I recently watched Hickok45 shoot an FN 509. He liked it so much he bought one for his self and later had part 2 episode liking it more! I will be picking one up tomorrow from my FFL bought off Gunbroker, cant wait ti try it out.

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran a tricked out one in a red dot class recently.

It’s a striker fired gun. It worked.

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Is that the one that doesn't do too well after getting hot in the sun?

Love FN rifles. Not sold on their modern pistols.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Yes. The 509 is a solid performer. Accuracy on par with the P320. You’ll get sticker shock when looking for extra mags. I ordered 509 mag floorplates and replaced the ones to some of my FNS9 mags. The polymer is solid, no worries. The only down side to FN is their customer service which, IMHO, is the worst in the industry.

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I'll have had one for a year come Father's day. My boss bought it for himself and gave it to me to shoot (he didn't have time) I've put 600 rounds through it with no issues. It shoots fine, I'm still more in with the Glocks though.

I have the FN shop 12 miles from my house. If I need anything worked or fixed they handle it for me. (Never have mind you)

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I started a thread here a while ago. I caught the bug for one after 3 magazine articles did a feature on it.

It's been by far, my most accurate, and flawless shooting pistol to date. After breaking the gun in, I shot a 2 day, 800 round point shooting class . (I had a G19 and my 226 along for back up but they weren't necessary).

I keep hearing horror stories about FN customer service but thankfully, I haven't needed them yet.

The ONLY downside I can report is that so far, I've been unable to locate a Level II, left handed duty holster for this bad boy.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
T.Webb FN has Palmetto Leather make holsters for them. Might see if anything is available from them??

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had several come and go. great pistols, all accurate, all 100% reliable thru a round count in the thousands. Just can't hold on to one because every time a need a trade candidate, it was always the first one i looked volunteered. Not because they weren't great pistols but i just could not for a niche for the 509 sized pistol.
As a duty, range or home defense gun a 509 would be hard to beat i just had others that did that job equally well.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My new FN 509 showed up yesterday? I am hoping to shoot it in the next day or 2. It has Trijicon night sites and came with 3 mags for 475.00

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I shot one side-by-side with one of my G19s and my FNS-9. I shot it well enough but I already own the other two that I prefer much better. One because it's a Glock, the other because I already have it and I don't have to put out any more cheddar for aside from ammo and spare parts down the road. For me the 509 doesn't go far enough beyond what the capable FNS already does. Its modularity-nuss ain' no plus (hey, I made a rhyme).

Its size reminds me of the G19X; relatively short length x tall full-size height. In other words for myself it's not a gun that I would likely choose for a CCW. But unlike the G19X it uses a whole new magazine ecosystem, one that's quite spendy. I'm already there with my FNS; I don't want to have a 'thank you, can I have another' moment. And as CQB60 pointed out, there's FN's 'wonderful' temperament, who-gives-a-shit factory support and customer service.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post