SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPQ pistol serial number
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPQ pistol serial number Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted
I recently purchased a limited edition Walther PPQ M1 5" model that to my surprise came with a XXX0000 serial number. The only other maker I know of that uses all zeros for the serial numbers is Glock but theirs happen more frequently since they use only three numerical digits for their serials. Since obviously the Walther pistols only come with all zeros every 10K pistols, wondering if it will have more interest / value as a collector piece later on down the road, especially since the M1 5" models are a limited production run only available through one distributor? I already have a second one I am using (fantastic pistol!) with an unrelated serial for regular use so it's not like I HAVE to use this one at the moment. Insights, thoughts, would you set it aside or just eventually use it?

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
typically a serial number does not bring a premium, unless it is something special or documented, (belong to someone, or in a certain range that was sent to or used by xxx)

would make a good conversation piece, or highlight if it was sold,
but generally it is the features, and of course, condition , that matter

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shoot your pistol and enjoy.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Great for playing serial number poker...kinda expensive if you lose, though. Recently I did the paperwork on a gun that had five 9s in its s/n. That beats your zeros. Smile

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Came up with a better idea...my two daughters recently went to the range with me and shot my other PPQ M1 5" and commented on how much they both liked how it felt and shot. My older daughter turns 18 soon and will be graduating from high school with honors soon as well. Discussed it with my wife and she agrees. Going to surprise her with it as a gift for her first pistol that she will be able to legally own here in Florida (yes, even at 18 and regardless of the new purchase law recently passed). It will mean infinitely more to us as a family heirloom with the "special" serial number than any value it may or may not be worth at some point. Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post