SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Update page 2: What sights do you like for your carry gun?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update page 2: What sights do you like for your carry gun? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fquico:
TFOs/TFXs. They glow in day and night! Other "night sights" are just that, Night-Sights; they are hard for me to see in the day.

This. Used to like mepro light 3 dots but as my eyes age the sights turn to a blob. The green fibers with the shiny ring on the front really help me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryarnaud:
I'm probably in the minority, but I like plain black sights. I use more of a target-focused approach to aiming, so plain black sights are less distracting to me......

Same here. I gave up on three dot anythings over 25 years ago. Visual confusion for me. I now use Heinie or Warren Tactical black/black on everything.

During the transition, I started just blacking out three dot contrast and night sights. OK with contrast, but not OK with night sites. The usual qualification - everybody's eyes are different. I found blacked night sights had problems for me...the glass vials. Indoors, they tended to fuzz out under fluorescents. Outdoors, I'd get glare from direct sunlight. Black/black solved both problems.

For those in the majority, I have no issues shooting in low light and even no light. Our LGC indoor range has fully controllable lighting for use in low light training. My first statement here is based on experience and not theory. I find night sights to have a very narrow band of usability. They don't help you see the target...only a flashlight will. Most civilian gunfights are relatively close and require "gun driving" technique rather than conscious sight alignment. My frame of reference hers is civilian use, not military or LEO's, who may have different requirements.

I'm not arguing against other shooter's choices. Sights are a very personalized issue. Even with the same shooter, aging eyes may eventually dictate a change in sights. All that matter is what works for the individual shooter. Black/black works for me.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon HD's on all my glocks. Other pistols have a variety of sights.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bi color williams fire sights

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I like the Sig X-ray sights and put them on all four of my P320's. My 54 year old eyes pick up the green front sight very quickly

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Crimson Trace.

XS Tactical Big Dot, Trijicon XD's, Novak's, factory HI Viz front/ square notch rear may reside on top, but CT's are on every one of those.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deplorable_Dixie
posted Hide Post
As usual you all are a ton of help. So I've narrowed my purchase down to two:
Ameriglo fiberoptic I dot or the fiber optic front with blacked out rear. I'm leaning more towards the I dot because it seems like logically it would give me a more accurate shot quicker. My only fear is that it might be too visually busy and distracting with two fiber optics?

Posts: 59 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I happen to like the SIG XRay-3 sights. The tritium on the rear pretty much blacks out in daytime, so you have a plain black rear. I have straight XRays on the carry gun, and on the game gun, XRay rear with a SIG TFO front. I also shoot the carry gun in the games, and the straight XRays work well.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post