SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A birthday 1911 from dad.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A birthday 1911 from dad. Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
The first 1911 I have ever owned so it's fitting that such a fine pistol come from the finest man I know.
Thank you dad.

400 rounds through it with zero hiccups.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great gift.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, that's a fine looking 1911.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Nice! You'll love the CT grips. I have them on my Sig C3 1911 and they are a great upgrade.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Great gift! Enjoy!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a great gift!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice gun, awesome father! Happy birthday!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
The first 1911 I have ever owned so it's fitting that such a fine pistol come from the finest man I know.
Thank you dad....

Congratulations and Happy Birthday.

quote:
400 rounds through it with zero hiccups.

Wait a minute! I though Kimber was supposed to have a 500 rounds break-in to iron out the hiccups. And, aren't the compact 3-inch 1911s supposed to be unreliable. Razz

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday! Great gift from your dad.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday and what a great gift.

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Can’t wait to see the return gift on his big day.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I am the
Darkside
Picture of Pistole226
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday and congrats on the gift! Your father is a man of refined tastes and knowledge.

"The quick have their sleepwalkers, and so do the dead." Dieter Dengler, Rescue Dawn

Posts: 7787 | Registered: October 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday and that's a great gift,

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have two KIMBER Ultra pistols in 9mm and .45acp. Both have been 100% reliable and shoot like full size pistols. That's a great gift.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it; such gifts are tremendously special.

With such short stroke 1911s, be sure to change out the springs often and you should have few issues.

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy B'Day!

Awesome gift, from an awesome Dad.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!
I got to put another 200 trouble free rounds through it this morning. (yup, those 3"ers really are unreliable Wink )
Ordered a few mags for it and I think she deserves something fancy from Mr. Grizzle. Something..... bold. Cool

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new toy, i own one just like that.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Spiffy!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post