SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do you have any unicorns?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you have any unicorns? Login/Join 
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Clark Meltdown 1911 done by Jim Sr.
4" 66 one of the last personally done by Sadowski at 300 Gunsmithing in Denver.

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Still looking for mine....

S&W 5906 iDPA.....someday

Love the broomhandle

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Valmet L-35, #26 of 100 made in 1985 by Valmet Oy Tourula Factories. They made a 50-year commemoration series of 100 L-35 pistols with serial numbers 50001 - 50100. This was the last production series of L-35 pistol.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not trying to be snarky or come off as a jerk; but what you consider a unicorn (because of condition??) most collectors would consider a very pretty but incorrect attempt at a restoration! I can't see them well, but the bolt stop, safety lever and trigger should be fire blued not rust blued and none of these pistols were ever "hot dip blued" from the factory.

I was going to mention the same thing. That gun has been heavily buffed/polished before a re-blue. Still beautiful, just not correct.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
As far as rare, my Springfield Armory SAR-4800 in 5.56mm. It's an Imbel FAL chambered in 5.56mm and takes AR-15 magazines. From brief research they were a civilian model of an early step in the Imbel assault rifle program. Reportedly ~200 in the country. There is not much demand for them.

Actually about 900, there is a thread on them over on the FAL Files. The import ban cut them off, not really demand, admittedly they were not big sellers.

Vince

Posts: 307 | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huh, I would have thought the Billennium was the rarest, but I never got into looking into the production numbers. I have a 96 Combat..fell into it at a deal of a price.

quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Several unicorns. Beretta 92 Billennium, 92 Combat, 92 Stock, Vektor SP1, just to list a few. The Combat is by far the most rare globally.

Posts: 76 | Registered: April 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not the most rare gun I own is probably a Glock. The G22c with gills is reported to have only been around 50 ever made.

No one really knows for sure but the biggest Glock website on the net only lists 10.

Certainly not everyone with one is on that website but it's a low number either way.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I really like the S&W Performance Center 5906s.
I've got the PPC model I posted earlier, 4" and 5" IDPA models and this - a fairly rare 6" 9mm Target Champion model:

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
1910 Frommer:

Mine has a little more patina (Too lazy to open the safe for pics).

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Valmet L-35, #26 of 100 made in 1985 by Valmet Oy Tourula Factories. They made a 50-year commemoration series of 100 L-35 pistols with serial numbers 50001 - 50100. This was the last production series of L-35 pistol.

That's too cool!

“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable...”
― H.L. Mencken

-All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not much of a HUGE unicorn, but I own two of the E29R-40-MIL-TG model P229s. One is still unfired and the other is my nightstand gun.

I also have a Remington Rand 1911 from the first year they switched to the A1 design... not currently with me though.

I would love to get my hands on some of the guns my dad collected while I was a kid. I lost his collection when he passed because I was still a minor.

Posts: 9 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: April 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A French MAC 1950 with an A prefix serial number. Very rare in the US.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hk vp70z chambered in 9x21? Not sure if it’s much of a unicorn, but supposedly not a ton of them..

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
It’s my unicorn, maybe not anyone else’s but I love my X5 Competition in 9mm.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post