SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG Factory Grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Factory Grips Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
I'm going to replace the grips on a P226 to a narrower grip.
I like the Hogue G10's that I have on a P220 and they are slim enough for me.
I've noticed that G10 grips from SIG look very much like the Hogues G10 grips. I'm wondering if they are as narrow as the Hogues. I read somewhere that Hogue makes the SIG company G10s.
Input is welcome.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Yes, Hogue makes Sig's branded G-10's. So you can order from either source and get the same shape grip. I have Hogue G-10's on 3 Sigs and highly recommend them.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really like the Legion grips also and will go with the G10s on my 229.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hogue makes the G10 grips for Sig. They also make the same style grips in checkered aluminum. E2 (and E3) grips may also have the dimensions that you are looking for, but they are more of an acquired feel.

I would go with the aluminum grips if it were me, but the G10s are popular also.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
...... I read somewhere that Hogue makes the SIG company G10s.
Input is welcome.

Yes, Hogue makes grips for Sig, G10 and or wood.
All Hogue products are engrave Hogue or HTM on the inside of the grips. Sig also offers G10 grips from another manufactures. If the colored G10 does not have the G-Mascus look it is less likely to be Hogues. It has been many years since we started with the "Standard" flat layers and then quickly changed to the G-Mascus look to separate other manufactures from Hogue.

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Thanks all !

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The G10 grips on the Classic Carry P225A1, P229, and P226 are made by the "another manufacturer" Ken mentioned above.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is too bad Sig didn't make slimmer grips like they did for the P220 Combat,I believe (beige/FDE colored ones). I bought a set for mine and really like the slimmer feel, so I get what your going for. Have you tried the E2 grips? I am probably one of the few that actually like them.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post