SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Possible P228 pick up
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible P228 pick up Login/Join 
posted
Looking for some opinions and price ranges on what folks would pay for this P228.

I'm told it's a Sarco imported Israeli LE trade in.
I think I can grab it for under $450.00.

Thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJRB,

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That one doesn't look that bad. Most of those were really beat up when they were imported. I had a chance to get one a little while back but they looked like they were used and abused. I can understand the heavy usage being from a country that at any minute can be under attack but I am not sure as to their maintenance. It killed me as the price was perfect for one of the best pistols Sig has ever made. Check it for the normal wear and tear. For $450.00 that looks like a good deal.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
For that price, I'd snag it.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
For that price, I'd snag it.

Yep, me too. A 228 for that price and looks to be in good condition. I'd be in. Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, it looks much better than most of the recent imported ones I've seen.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Agree, get it. If you don't like it there are the classifieds.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Definitely better looking than most Israeli P228s that were available in the past.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jump! Then off to Sig for rehab.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deal fell through. The seller had a couple buyers very near home ready to buy at 400. I could have snatched it for 425 but was a 90 minute drive and the shop for Xfer he wanted to use was charging way too much.
The seller needed the funds quick so he took the 400 deal to a local buyer instead of shipping to my FFL fora few bucks more.
Thanks to everyone for weighing in.
If it was closer or could have been shipped I would have snagged it.

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post