SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First handgun match win of 2018! Local open/optics division
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First handgun match win of 2018! Local open/optics division Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
60ish shooters overall, with about 16 in Optics/open division. Quite a few PCC shooters. I guess I need to get one of those. Big Grin

I placed 1st in my division in 5 of 7 stages, and placed 6th on both of the others, due to trying to shoot too fast and making dumb mistakes. I took first overall in my division by 0.4 seconds. Whew! Big Grin

I shot my S&W CORE 9L with RMR 3.25 MOA optic. Non ported, standard barrel and recoil spring, Apex FSS trigger and sear kit. Taylor Freelance 28-round mag extension. Safariland belt slide IDPA legal holster, crappy cheap paddle mag pouches.

Still losing a lot of time getting on target for the first shot, and on reloads, and on movement. And on being stupid. Smile A couple very fast master-class IDPA iron sight shooters had faster overall times. And a couple PCCs naturally.

Video for any interested. Like/share/subscribe/support on patreon if you want.

https://youtu.be/l5NBB0yyFtU

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3207 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That looks like great fun. You did good 1K.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
thank you sir!

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
And you also beat all the guys that made excuses not to come out and shoot the match. Smile

Good job, man.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I watched your video and I'll say that you shot better than I usually do. Good shooting!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and good shooting!

Thanks for posting.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Great vid. Congrats.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great shooting. Great video. Just needs music.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!!!

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks!

posted Hide Post
Nice shooting. Congrats.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Those stages look like a lot of fun. I'm just getting started in the local matches and I'm having a blast. I've participated in 4 so far (with 4 different guns - 3 stock service pistols and a stock revolver ) and I've finished dead middle overall in every one. At least I have lots of room for improvement Smile

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome shooting!! Ran those stars like a bossSmile Well done!

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting! You cleaned those Texas stars! Looks like a great time.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Good shooting! You are hell on Texas stars.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post