SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Military Surplus Holster Identification help...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Surplus Holster Identification help... Login/Join 
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted
Now that I'm stuck at home most of the time I decided to do some spring cleaning on all the gun related accessories that I've accumulated over the years...

I was able to identify most of the stuff but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what gun went with this holster...

It's unmarked..all I can really say is that it appears to be for a full size semi auto pistol of some sort that uses a single stack magazine.

I've tried to google the usual suspects (P38, Lahti, P210, Radom...CZ38, CZ52, Swedish M1907....)but non seem to result a hit.

Any ideas folks?

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess is a P38...but the color may be wrong...Germans used black leather to my knowledge...but the brown or natural color might suggest one of the Soviet Block countries. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 726 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Most likely a TT-30 or one of the Soviet satellites' copies.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Judging by the belt loops, it was meant to be worn cross draw.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Judging by the belt loops, it was meant to be worn cross draw.

Nearly all European military holsters in the early-to-mid 1900s were worn that way.

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rodfac:
Germans used black leather to my knowledge...

During the WW1 era, most Imperial German holsters were brown leather.

During the WW2 era, the German Army, Navy, SS, and some Police typically used black leather holsters, while the Air Force, some other Police, and many of the various other army Nazi Party organizations typically used brown leather holsters.

Posts: 32487 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
East block look, Tokarev would be my guess.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1550 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I think I'll just throw it on Ebay and let them figure it out...

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spanish. For an Astra 600. The Germans also used them in WWII.
Maybe. Possibly.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16059 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Any markings on the inside of the flap or elsewhere?

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Any markings on the inside of the flap or elsewhere?

No markings that I could find.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Spanish. For an Astra 600. The Germans also used them in WWII.
Maybe. Possibly.

Definatly. Looks like the one that came with my Astra 600 I bought in Germany in 1965.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Hungarian FEG holster.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
or maybe a CZ 52

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Check on Simpson LTD as well

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post