SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK Sucks and they hate everybody but....me. :)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK Sucks and they hate everybody but....me. :) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I am of course being facetious. I have had 3 interactions with HK over the past five years and there service has been stellar for me.

I dropped them an email with a question today at 12:37 CST. The reply came at 12:55 CST.

I mean jumping Jesus on a pogo stick that is amazing. Hell 24 hour turnaround tickles me. Honestly in most cases I am just happy to get any reply from a company....ever.

At any rate just wanted to call out good service from a company that has worked hard to turn around a long since gone bad service rep.

The nice gentlemen simply told me I was loading my ammo backwards and flipping it around should fix all my feeding issues. He also informed me that it was a SUPER EASY mistake to make. Wink

Seriously though. Every interaction I have had with HK has been first rate and I wanted to call that out since my and most folks first mode is to pitch a bitch and forget about the praise.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Had a Tactical in .45 acp that digested some high pressure loads which led to a frame failure, when a case ruptured and the gases went down through the mag well and cracked the frame.

FACTORY Federal ammo and they refused to warranty it.

Spoke with the Tech fixing it and told him the entire story. I had to pay like $280 (IIRC) for the new frame.

But the Tech sent it back with THREE new, 12 rd mags. So that helped.

This was 15+ years back and short of the generous Tech...the process wasn't exactly the epitome of Customer Service. Took forever to get the work done and no one short of the Tech seemed to care.

My only HK interaction.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My two interactions were years ago. Had a false reset issue in my 45CT. They emailed a label, I shipped it Thursday, they got it Friday, fixed it, shipped it back out Friday, I got it Monday.

Before that, I inquired about the double action only parts for the USP C because a neighboring department was asking to switch over and they just sent me one kit to try out.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I contacted email three different times for questions and received email reply within a business day which I though was pretty good. By contrast I emailed CZ a couple times and never heard back from them. Never needed any service on any of my HKs though.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used sig customer service 3 times. All three times less than 2 week turn around door to door. 11 sigs owned at one time or another.

I have used smith and wesson 1 time, 5 weeks to send me a shipping label. 17 phone calls in that 5 weeks. They did the repair, but non of the other work I asked for and gave my card info for. they sent the gun back 3 weeks later, it was sitting on my front porch. 7 smiths owned.

I have used colt once. Dropped it off at the colt factory, they sent it out for royal blue, they said it would take 6 months. 6 months to the day I picked it up. 5 colts at one time or another.

I used Khar, I had an MK9 that would not feed 3 rounds consistantly between any number of brands and ammo types. It went back 3 times, was never fixed, i bought several other magazines. I was told to pound sand when i called for the 4th time. 1 khar owned.

I currently have 3 Hk's never used their cs, One has 50k on it. The others are 97, and 2016 models.

Ruger, I have never had to send anything back 4 rugers at one time or another.

Dan Wesson. Never had to send anything back. I have owned 11 dan wessons. The PM-7 was bought with 1k on it and sold with well over 10k, my guardian has over 10k on it now.

CZ I have owned 3 cz rifles, 455 thvsst (recalled), 455 tb,512 Never had an issue.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Had a Tactical in .45 acp that digested some high pressure loads which led to a frame failure, when a case ruptured and the gases went down through the mag well and cracked the frame.

FACTORY Federal ammo and they refused to warranty it.

Spoke with the Tech fixing it and told him the entire story. I had to pay like $280 (IIRC) for the new frame.

But the Tech sent it back with THREE new, 12 rd mags. So that helped.

This was 15+ years back and short of the generous Tech...the process wasn't exactly the epitome of Customer Service. Took forever to get the work done and no one short of the Tech seemed to care.

My only HK interaction.

Interesting, do you know what powder federal used.

I had a friend in seattle have the same thing happen with his carry ammo (federal) in his 9mm glock. Federal gave him the same spiel glock replaced the fram for 200 bucks plus shipping. He did not get any new mags though.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hk service has been fantastic for me, though I have never needed it for any problems with my 12 Hk pistols. I bought a used Hk 45 that had a thread protector stuck on, I couldn't get it off. Sent it in, they got it off, replaced it with a new one, smoothed out the trigger and sent it back for free. I have had them put sights on two vp9's and they were quickly and very well done. Not necessarily the friendliest people on the phone, not rude, just business like, but the service is as good as their guns. But, I am a fanboy.
SIG's and Hk's for meWink

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've had similar interaction with HK and KIMBER, SIG, KAHR (and others). When you're polite and calm, the CS reps of most companies are more than willing to help. Good customer service makes or breaks a company.

I went off on a couple of CS reps several years ago and it didn't go as well. My fault entirely.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
HK CS has vastly improved from the 90’s and I’m glad to hear of the positive interactions. FN shorted me a grip panel for a pistol. I’ve contacted them on three separate occasions since January and have been given nothing but lip service and empty promises for CS...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool. I 'll keep this in mind next time I am able to shop for some toys.

SVI, Sig, and Kimber are on it all the time. Heck, Kimber mailed me a part that was missing on a 1911 when I bought it used. Didn't have to buy it or postage.

The customer 'service' at STI is a joke, however.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Ruger LCP Gen 1 frame cracked, Ruger replaced it on their dime, and shipped both ways.

S&W M&P340 shot 2 feet to the right, they paid both ways, said they fixed it, now shoots 1 foot to the right, which they said is "in spec." I sent them a Model 28 to have the cylinder gap/endshake fixed, and they didn't fix it the first time. I had to send it back again and they finally got it right after 5 months. I paid for the repair.

Glock 23 rear rail broke, they paid shipping both ways, replaced the complete frame and guts.

Dan Wesson Heritage slide stop was coming out halfway back, jamming the slide, they paid shipping both ways, fixed it.

Kel-Tec PF-9 trigger bar broke after 60 rounds and the broken tab fell into the trigger guts, jamming the slide. Factory tech insisted it was a round jammed into the lands, refused to replace parts or pay shipping. I bought replacement parts. At 800 rounds the slide broke. They replaced the slide but I had to pay shipping.

Don't own any HKs yet.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK was prompt and helpful with my VP9. The mag paddles stick up into the trigger guard and poke my finger when the trigger breaks. Sent me new paddles and a spring right quick. Unfortunately, it didn't change anything, but it allowed me to have a spare so I filed one set down to get them flush.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear of others experiences with some of our manufacturers. My one experience with HK was years ago when I had them tune up and refinish a P9S .45ACP Target Model. They did as requested and don't recall any issues. S&W has gone out of their way for me several times. I sometimes had the gun back before receiving the acknowledgement of receipt in the mail. Usually not more than 2 weeks. Ruger has also been very good on more than one occasion. Colt has been more difficult in getting proper repairs done. Couple years ago, two trips back to actually get the repair done, totaling 5 1/2 months or so. A Dan Wesson was sent back to correct a significant issue. The result was unrewarding.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rock185,

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As long as we are throwing random props out. Crimson Trace. Some jackass boogered up a G17 laser install. I mean the ham fisted idiot who tried to put these on was some kind of idiot......have I mentioned said idiot was me...ahhh that’s not important anyhoo....

I called CT and was completely up front with them and asked them if I could ship the grips to be fixed or would I just be better off buying a new set. I told her if they could fix I would just give them my CC and they could charge me.

The lady on the phone said she would hear of no such a thing and if I would give her my address she would have a new set in the mail to me that day or the next. I reiterated that I was the damn fool who willfully broke their product and this was in NO WAY a quality or workmanship issue with their product. She reiterated that I shouldn’t worry about it and they would take care of me. She asked that I simply mail the broken set back to them when I had time.

I have evangelized their product and service since.

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Some of the customer service I've experienced, and some that others have related, is telling. Manufacturers, businesses of whatever kind,etc. can have a loyal customer or create a very vocal never again former customer depending how how they treat people. I've come to believe that many times it depends on which CS person you happen to talk to. SIG for instance. Unlike a previous experience, I'm happy to report that the last SIG CS guy I dealt with was very helpful, even though I explained the gun, while LNIB, was actually used when I purchased it. He sent me a shipping label, had it repaired, shipped it back within a few weeks, all at N/C.

Props also to Safariland. I ordered a duty type 1911 holster from a well known police supply. The person taking the order obviously had some kind of a chip on his shoulder. He assured me several times,since they had to get it from Safariland, that if it was not right, I could not send it back. In the fullness of time, I received a duty holster for a SIG P239. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a duty holster for the little 239. I have no doubt whatsoever that he intentionally sent me the furthest thing from a 1911 holster he could find. I called Safariland, where a very nice CS lady immediately sent me out the proper holster, and told me to send the other one back when I could.

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I just checked my history for HK CC response time. On 2/21/2017 at 11:49 pm my time I sent them an e-mail. On 2/22/2017 at 7:44 am my time, I had a response. I sent another e-mail that day and had a response in just over an hour. Beretta fixed my Nano, when it was out of warranty, on their own nickle and paid for shipping. S&W fixed by Walther P22 and paid for shipping both ways as well. SIG Sauer? They broke my P228, couldn’t fix it and told me it was and old gun. I ended up paying our own Chris Orndorff to fix my P228. I have bought a SIG in years as I am a little gun shy. OTO, I have bought multiple Walthers and HKs.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The thing I admire most about HK customer service, is that in the last 22 years, I've never needed them. Not once.

Quality products. Every one I've owned. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah I have never had a quality issue, although one should break them in with hot and or heavy ammo. Most of my inquiries were fairly forgettable, which actually makes it more impressive they took the time to answer.

posted Hide Post
I have some HK pistols, HK rifles; the only time I've had contact with customer service was an inquiry at the NRA show years ago. I had a P2000SK that had been living on my ankle, and I'd taken it to the range to shoot, and had one malfunction after another. The first round would fire, the first from the magazine feed, and then nothing. No spring tension; on three loaded magazines, all dead, the same.

I enquired at the HK booth about the condition, and was asked if I kept the magazines loaded. Of course, I replied. I was told that was the problem. I couldn't keep the magazines loaded, but only load them to shoot, then unload them. I was told that by leaving the magazines loaded, I'd worn out the springs.

The representative should have kept quiet, on the principle that it's better to remain silent and appear a fool, rather than open one's mouth and remove all doubt. I left his booth with no doubt. He should also have offered to replace the magazine springs. The pistol wasn't that old at the time, and there was no good reason for all three magazines failing as they did.

I have a lot of respect for HK firearms, and have had no problems other than that single incident (two, if you count the exchange with the HK representative), but it's beyond me how the company could employe someone that clueless, let alone allow them to man the booth at an NRA convention. That was my sole interaction with their customer service, and the impression was more of "you suck, and hey! A shiny penny!"

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've only had to deal with them once, and it's currently ongoing. Our local rep ordered incorrect mags on our behalf for one of their pistol models, Iron Curtain 10rd units instead of the 15rd mags that I requested. I caught the error early (or so I thought) but apparently was not fast enough. HK promptly shipped the correct mags and promised to email a return label for the batch of unwanted 10 rounders...but two weeks on I'm still waiting for that elusive email.

Manufacturer CS generally sucks when us dealers contact them...unless it's to buy more product. Then they'll do cartwheels for us.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post