SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any CZ 75b fans?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any CZ 75b fans? Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
I sold one years ago and I am feeling the desire to replace it.

75b, 75bd or 75 SA?

Feel free to post pics if you would like.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big CZ 75 fan. Here is mine in a recent uspsa match. I just added a magwell. This model is the SAO. I also frequently use a stainless cz75 for carry. Both guns use Cajun Gun Works internal parts for a really nice trigger.
https://youtu.be/3FS2wRBlw8o

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
You can't go wrong with any 75!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:

75b, 75bd or 75 SA?

What do you like? DA/SA or SAO. If DA/SA, safety or decock only?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by badcopnodonut!!:

75b, 75bd or 75 SA?

What do you like? DA/SA or SAO. If DA/SA, safety or decock only?

De-cock really isn’t a big deal to me. The idea of SAO is interesting though. Primary use will be as a range gun.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I've owned a few. CZ75B (in 9mm and .40) and a PCR.

They are a tale of two guns for me. I'll discuss the good first. Ergonomic greatness! The inside-frame-ride slide is amazing, the grip is fantastic, and the controls are where they should be. It's basically the same size as a 92FS, but if you handle them back to back, the Beretta feels like a friggin tank. Great capacity, all metal mags, and cheaper Mec-Gars readily available. Reliability. Never had a CZ fail through multiple models and thousands of rounds, including some sketchy hot .40 reloads for the 75 I mentioned earlier.

The meh part: The sights. C'mon CZ, you give us this mechanical laser capable of surgical precision, and load it up with cheesy sights from the 70s.

The blah part: The trigger. What the fresh hell is this? You take a solid, reliable, slim(feeling), very shootable pistol, and you curse it with this weird extra curved, cammy, jalopy of a trigger sourced from the same clown that sold you the sights? C'mon CZ, you're better than that.

Now I didn't discover this by my disdain for CZ. As I said, I've had a couple, and I thought they were fantastic. A veritable 'cat's ass' of metal guns, and extra great for the money. But then one day - by accident - I had an epiphany. I stumbled across a used 75SA with aftermarket sights sitting on the used rack at my LGS.

"Hey, Chet, who put the goofy Star Wars flat trigger and extra jumbo sights on a perfectly good 75?" I ask.

So he says, "Not at all. It's a guy who competes with them in XYZWTF class." (I know that's not a real thing, but I don't know shit about the real letters or what they mean so I'm going to leave it like that - just go with it.)

And Chet - who is an enabler and a world class asshole - hands me the goddamned hideous beast.

I looked it over, pulled the slide, dropped mag, etc. and gave him the "I'm gonna dry fire this" look. He gave me the "You go right ahead" look.

So I take aim at a light fixture in the far corner near the ceiling and think "this is weird, I can actually make out the lines between the front and rear sight". So then I let it off, barely applying pressure when it goes "click" real loud as the hammer fell.....and that's when that there 'piphany I mentioned hit me right between the eyes. There exists what a CZ is, and what a CZ can be. I've heard some swamp people down in Louisiana figured it out too and made a fair business out of the whole process.

Now I told you that story to tell you this one. The CZ-75 is a very nice handgun, with a world of potential. I didn't buy that gun that day, but without even bringing it home, it knocked the shine right off the ones I had in the safe. My tiny sights seemed smaller. My curved trigger felt extra curvy. So I sold the PCR to my little brother for near nothing when he needed a carry gun, and I let the 75Bs go when I went back to college late in life. I had an affair with the 75B Stainless I'd previously owned, and shot it a bit, but I'd never come back home to CZ. However, if the right deal came along on a used 75SAO, and I had that strange combination of extra cash and a pulse, then I'd try to shuffle some things in the safe. Wink

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
I've owned a few. CZ75B (in 9mm and .40) and a PCR.

They are a tale of two guns for me. I'll discuss the good first. Ergonomic greatness! The inside-frame-ride slide is amazing, the grip is fantastic, and the controls are where they should be. It's basically the same size as a 92FS, but if you handle them back to back, the Beretta feels like a friggin tank. Great capacity, all metal mags, and cheaper Mec-Gars readily available. Reliability. Never had a CZ fail through multiple models and thousands of rounds, including some sketchy hot .40 reloads for the 75 I mentioned earlier.

The meh part: The sights. C'mon CZ, you give us this mechanical laser capable of surgical precision, and load it up with cheesy sights from the 70s.

The blah part: The trigger. What the fresh hell is this? You take a solid, reliable, slim(feeling), very shootable pistol, and you curse it with this weird extra curved, cammy, jalopy of a trigger sourced from the same clown that sold you the sights? C'mon CZ, you're better than that.

Now I didn't discover this by my disdain for CZ. As I said, I've had a couple, and I thought they were fantastic. A veritable 'cat's ass' of metal guns, and extra great for the money. But then one day - by accident - I had an epiphany. I stumbled across a used 75SA with aftermarket sights sitting on the used rack at my LGS.

"Hey, Chet, who put the goofy Star Wars flat trigger and extra jumbo sights on a perfectly good 75?" I ask.

So he says, "Not at all. It's a guy who competes with them in XYZWTF class." (I know that's not a real thing, but I don't know shit about the real letters or what they mean so I'm going to leave it like that - just go with it.)

And Chet - who is an enabler and a world class asshole - hands me the goddamned hideous beast.

I looked it over, pulled the slide, dropped mag, etc. and gave him the "I'm gonna dry fire this" look. He gave me the "You go right ahead" look.

So I take aim at a light fixture in the far corner near the ceiling and think "this is weird, I can actually make out the lines between the front and rear sight". So then I let it off, barely applying pressure when it goes "click" real loud as the hammer fell.....and that's when that there 'piphany I mentioned hit me right between the eyes. There exists what a CZ is, and what a CZ can be. I've heard some swamp people down in Louisiana figured it out too and made a fair business out of the whole process.

Now I told you that story to tell you this one. The CZ-75 is a very nice handgun, with a world of potential. I didn't buy that gun that day, but without even bringing it home, it knocked the shine right off the ones I had in the safe. My tiny sights seemed smaller. My curved trigger felt extra curvy. So I sold the PCR to my little brother for near nothing when he needed a carry gun, and I let the 75Bs go when I went back to college late in life. I had an affair with the 75B Stainless I'd previously owned, and shot it a bit, but I'd never come back home to CZ. However, if the right deal came along on a used 75SAO, and I had that strange combination of extra cash and a pulse, then I'd try to shuffle some things in the safe. Wink

That’s a great write up Bionic! Thank you.

Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I have a 75SA, 75 compact, and a PCR. The flat trigger on the SA is the best thing since sliced bread and the decocker on the PCR is in the most absolute perfect place on the side of the frame.

CZ today is where Sig was in the mid 90's... the quality has never been better and they are still a good value.

Just buy one. Or two... Or three like I did.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
I was just on the CZ-USA website and saw the
CZ 75 Tactical Sport Orange.
Eek
I think my heart might have skipped a beat.

posted Hide Post
CZs are great; reliable, accurate, ergonomic and feel perfect in the hand (in our household with VZ G-10 grips.) Financed my son's first legal pistol purchase for his CCW, the PCR. Wife and daughters loved the PCR so bought one for the family. A couple thousand rounds of Speer 147 gr JHP, 124 gr NATO FMJ and some blue box Fed 115 gr +P FMJ; perfect reliability. Added bonus on the 75 platform, the trigger greatly improved after lots of dry firing and a few hundred rounds down range.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: madmatt,

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bullseye match gun is a 75B with a Kadet slide for rimfire and I use the 9mm slide as a backup to a 97B in .45 cal for centerfire. I have over 40k rounds through the Kadet .22 slide. The 75B has been converted to single action only.

You can get any trigger works and sight parts from Cajun Gun Works in Louisiana. Great shop. One of the reasons I have stuck with the CZ's over the last 6 years.

Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a PCR from my FFL yesterday. I sold my brand-new Beretta 92FS to fund it as I just wouldn't carry the Beretta, anywhere, because it felt like a brick.
I've handled more pistols in my life than I care to admit, but that PCR feels like it was molded for my hand.

I intend to put a Cajun Gun Works hammer in it to get rid of the single-action trigger creep.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
....competes with them in XYZWTF class." (I know that's not a real thing, but I don't know shit about the real letters or what they mean so I'm going to leave it like that - just go with it.)

I like it. And I'm a Master in the WTF class.

Tango Alpha Leather Goods

Posts: 97 | Location: Wilson, NC | Registered: April 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triggernosis:
quote:
....competes with them in XYZWTF class." (I know that's not a real thing, but I don't know shit about the real letters or what they mean so I'm going to leave it like that - just go with it.)

I like it. And I'm a Master in the WTF class.

Big Grin

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Get the Omega and have both. I handled a P01 Omega at my LGS a while back and it had one of the best out of the box triggers I have ever felt.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several 75Bs and love them! I also have an 85B and C. I have a neighbor who is an mechanical engineer who works on CZs as a hobby and he has used CGW parts to work up my guns to perfection. TBS I have just sent a slide to CGW to have the front drilled for a full length recoil spring rod, the one of the things Steve cannot do. Never had a hiccup with any of my CZs.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Bought my first CZ a 75B back in the summer of 2017. Sent it out to Cajun for a trigger job and new sights. The gun I shipped out was a capable and reliable performer, but the trigger and sights were a limiting factor.

The gun returned to me has become one of my favorite pistols to shoot. Trigger is crisp, sights are far better, etc.

CGW is a bit of a waiting game; Send an e mail, simply to get in line. Then get notified, ship gun off to them. Wait another few/several weeks and they do the work. BUT , the results are SO WORTH IT!

I've also got an SP01, a PCR and a Shadow 2.

I'm in line again at CGW, probably sending the SPO1 off this time for a trigger job.

In this world of plastic crap...REAL steel guns. Yeah. I'm a fan boy!

https://ibb.co/iLTVGv

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like their decockers. Best decocker out there. Perfect spot, very intuitive, enough Force and travel that you couldn’t do it by accident but in the perfect spot for when you do. Great ergos. Feels like it was made for you. I don’t like the grooved triggers and some are wicked curved and sone aren’t. Sights are meh, mags are cheap and plentiful. Stick with 75’s so the mags stay the same. I prefer the smooth, really curved trigger that comes on the P01 and SP01 Tactical.

Yes buy one. And get a Kadet kit. Best 22 conversion out there. Never had a failure that wasn’t ammo. Seriously. Unlike its big brother it actually has good LPA sights as well.

Posts: 7349 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I like the 75B frame and own all three of the ones that you're considering. But the full dust cover SP-01 is what I like best. Sure it's got a rail that you probably don't need, use or want, but I'm noticeably better with accuracy with my SP-01 Tactical than with my 'regular' 75B-based CZs. Among my CZ pistols, only with my Shadow 75B SAO can I outshoot my results with that SP-01. To me that big frame makes for the ideal CZ range tool.

About the others: as much as I bow down to my Shadow SAO, my standard service-grade 75B SAO is not one of my favorites. My example has a rather dirty and heavy trigger right on through its break, with lots of creep and grit. Not the best reset either, though talkative enough. Its straight trigger bow seems to amp up that grittiness in a way that a curved shoe does not. My Custom Shop Shadow also has a straight trigger shoe but its action is so silky smooth and short that there's really no comparison between the two.

Both the standard 75B and BD are comparable to one another; they shoot about the same for me and I like them well enough. However the larger SP-01 for me just stands apart from them. It took me some time to get used to the rather mediocre trigger action of my SP-01 but once I figured it out it's been a fantastic range gun. All of the guns have benefited from plenty of live fire to help smooth out their respective triggers, though some have benefited more than others. However if you like staging your trigger pulls, none of these 'standard' factory triggers will ever lose their sometimes generous amount of creep. Only a visit to Cajun, CZ Custom or other magical CZ smith will cure that ailment.

Should I pick up another CZ, I'm thinking that a Shadow based off of the SP-01 frame will be the next one for me. I'd rather they offer one done in SAO but the last DA/SA SP-01 Shadow that we had through the shop did have one of the nicest DA pulls out of CZ that I've encountered, unlike the past couple of SP-01 Shadows owned by a couple of shooting buddies that they graciously allowed me to shoot (well not that gracious, since both times I ended up picking up the bar tab after a good day's worth of shooting. But I'm digressing again...).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Funny that this thread came up. My little cousin just turned 21 and is in search for his first pistol. A local hunting/fishing chain has the Beretta M9 Commercial and CZ 75BD on sale right now for $570 each. I'm having a hard time recommending one over the other.

Posts: 1957 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post