SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    To the guy who said I couldn't just have ONE 1911.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

To the guy who said I couldn't just have ONE 1911..... Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Screw you. Screw you very much. Big Grin

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Don't be too upset - I guarantee there will be more added in the future ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I need a dark one. Full size. And don't talk to me about wood grips!

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What safety is that on the Colt? 1911 G.I?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Allen,
Most of us can't have just one

1911s are addictive and Lord have MERCY but I am weak.

I do love them. In fact I love John M Browning's design so much that I was born on his birthday Smile

I still have the first one I ever got new. That was back in my High School days just 4 decades ago

I have added one or two every year since then and I now have many from bone stock production guns to ones that I have built up for myself to commemoratives and more.

There are little ones . . .

There are compact ones . . .

There are standard sized ones . . .

There are Long Slides . . .

There are Longer Slides . . .

Then there are REALLY Long Slides . . .

There are even Double Stacks . . .

Then there are Fancier ones . . .

There are ones in non-45ACP Chamberings . . .

Then there are all the others . . .

I think the Commander sized variations are my favorite, at least for carry. The Long Slides really get the performance out of the high performance calibers like the 45SUPER and the 10MM Auto

I am not too sure what configuration I am going to build next, Hmmmm......

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Colt_SAA: You've got it bad. My hat's off to you, sir!

AllenInWV: You need one in 10mm. The 10mm makes the 1911 live up to its own legend.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
Colt_SAA: You've got it bad. My hat's off to you, sir!

AllenInWV: You need one in 10mm. The 10mm makes the 1911 live up to its own legend.
Billy346,
I am also a giant fan of the 10MM Auto cartridge. I have them from many manufacturers plus many that I have built or converted myself . . . but that is for another thread . . . today we are just talking 1911s

I bought my first 1911 chambered in 10MM Auto in 1990. It is this Colt Delta Gold Cup

My Most recent 10MM Auto chambered 1911 is named THOR's Hammer. It is a 6" long slide that I built about 3 summers ago.

The only other 1911 I currently own chambered for the 10MM Auto cartridge is my 7" Javelina. I know this is an awful picture, but it is the only one I have at the moment.

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Only one here. It's called stamina. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I started with one (gotta start somewhere) and in about 6 months I had three. Definetly not the $1000 ones though

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coltSAA:
Billy346,
I am also a giant fan of the 10MM Auto cartridge. I have them from many manufacturers plus many that I have built or converted myself . . . but that is for another thread . . . today we are just talking 1911s

I bought my first 1911 chambered in 10MM Auto in 1990.

You are my idol. We both share the same weakness for 1911's. I think Thors Hammer is my favorite. These pictures are putting me over the edge to buy the RZ-10 I've been drooling over.

Must. Resist.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I am going to try to control myself. Maybe a Kimber Pro Carry II and one of those Fusion Freedom Commanders, just so I have all the slide/frame combinations covered. Big Grin Razz

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I have a few myself, although none of them are a 45 ACP.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I'm not really a fan of the 1911 but have four of them

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DC3S
posted Hide Post
colt_saa

Nice collection. Who do you like for dealers in the Broward area?

I recently went by the SIG Pro Shop. I really like the Super Target Stainless, think I'll get one.

"Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness."

Posts: 210 | Location: FL USA | Registered: February 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DC3S:
colt_saa

Nice collection. Who do you like for dealers in the Broward area?

I recently went by the SIG Pro Shop. I really like the Super Target Stainless, think I'll get one.
A bit of thread drift here . . .

I can often be found at Big Al's or Peoples Gun and Pawn looking for used stuff, but Shoot Straight always has good deals as well on the newer stuff.

Not to mention there is a gunshow or two every almost weekend in the tri-county area.

SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Colt_saa

Cheers to YOU!

My favorite is the 6" long slide config. It's what Roland of Gilead would have really carried if Stephen King knew shit about shit.

Posts: 5139 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
What safety is that on the Colt? 1911 G.I?

Pretty much if not smaller than GI. The Wiley Clapp models have that very minimal thumb safety. Kind of jumps out now that we are so used to the larger thumb shelf ones these days don't it.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sorry I missed that question. It is small, to the point that I have difficulty engaging it with a firing grip. One of the guys at Novak's Monday opined that as a "fighting handgun", you only need to disengage the safety rapidly. LOL

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I have a few myself, although none of them are a 45 ACP.

I'll see your few, none in .45 and raise you a none of mine are single stack.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post