SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Langdon Trigger Job In a Bag - Installed into my Wilson Brig Tac
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Langdon Trigger Job In a Bag - Installed into my Wilson Brig Tac Login/Join 
Picture of Rustpot
posted
I just finished up the install. There are a couple of very good videos on youtube for disassembly. I was actually very surprised how easy it was, this was my first time into the guts of my Beretta. I need to go back and add some lube here and there, but start to finish was under an hour after watching the videos last night and using the reassembly as a guide. Not nearly as fiddly as the Sig 22x series. I needed a 1/16" allen wrench for the grip screws and used that to pop the pins out and drag the trigger spring up onto the trigger bar, nothing else was needed.

I've had my Wilson Brigadier Tactial 92G for a couple of years. It's been one of my favorite pistols, but the model I have did not have any action work done. The trigger wasn't bad for a stock gun, but this isn't a stock gun and I've been a bit disappointed with it. SA is fine, I'm not a trigger snob evaluating every bit of overtravel or takeup, this and that, it shot well, had good reset. The DA was my complaint, a bit of grittiness, and a lot of unevenness/stacking through the pull.

It just didn't fit the $1000 price tag of the gun.

$165 for the LTT TJIAB, and I added the $50 Wilson mag chute that's included with their Centurion pistols since the lanyard loop was useless to me. I opted for the 13# spring option after discussion in another thread stating that was their recommended lowest for reliable ignition on everything.

This is now by far the best DA/SA trigger I've owned, possibly the best I've ever shot, not that I have a lot of experience with tuned guns.

The DA pull is lighter, and EXTREMELY smooth and even through the entire pull. The SA is similarly smoother and lighter, but there was a lot less ground to make up on the SA side.

I'm guessing the 13# spring is lighter than the D spring and that is part of the improvement in lighter pulls. I don't know if any of the geometry of the parts are changed, but everything in the kit has been polished at the control surfaces. I believe the trigger bar is slightly different, or possibly just has a different finish, but everything else appeared to be a polished copy of what came out of the Wilson setup.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who is disappointed with their Beretta 92 (and possibly 96?) trigger. This should be the default offering on a pistol that costs $1000+ in my opinion, but what's another $165 at this point?

If you order an Elite LTT: DO NOT SKIP THE TRIGGER WORK OPTION!

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A number of a Beretta 92 owners swear by the trigger job in a bag. Nothing more fulfilling
then being your own gunsmith sometimes.

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah its the greatest DITY trigger job ever and better than a ton of custom action jobs too.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Great to hear this! I've got the trigger package sitting on a shelf, waiting for time to get at it. I agree on the pistol should have had a trigger job to start with, not as an extra option. I really like that my Wilson 92G, but can't wait to get this trigger installed like yours. Thanks for the post! Maybe it'll make me bump up that project on my timeline.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm guessing the 13# spring is lighter than the D spring and that is part of the improvement in lighter pulls.

Yes.
The "D" spring is 16lbs.

With the Wilson trigger bar that comes with the TJIAB, you can actually go to a 12lb main and still get reliable ignition. (Not sure one pound really makes a difference.)
I've got approx 3k rounds through mine with no problems. (I did one bad primer in a match, but I found the round and it had a solid dimple in it.)

And I'll second what Rhino said, it'll put it up against a custom gunsmith job any day. I have Berettas with that been worked on by some of the best, and you'd be damn hard pressed to tell the difference.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger bar on the TJIAB is different than stock. It is a Wilson Combat trigger bar, designed to give greater hammer travel in DA so a lighter mainspring can be used while still being able to light harder primers.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a W/C Brig Tactical and W/C Compact that I bought a couple of years ago without the action tune. I was happy with them until I recently bought a W/C Centurion with the action tune. What a difference!

After seeing the favorable reviews of the Langdon TJIAB I was getting ready to order a couple for the Brig Tac and Compact. When I called Langdon Tactical they asked me why don’t I just drop the guns off a their place (20 minute drive from my house) and they would do the trigger job for the same price. Couldn’t pass that up, so I took them up on it. There and back within a week and WOW, are they ever nice. As good, or better, than the Centurion that W/C did. Have a 92FS Inox I had them do as well. When I picked them up, Earnest and Aimee let me handle one of their new 92 Elite LTTs. Very cool! May pick up one soon.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1310 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm following this thread with interest. I gather that the TJIB produces a lighter, crisper trigger break, but does it do anything for the mushy take up or overtravel? I like my 92, and am ok with the weight of the trigger (although I wouldn't object to lighter), but I really don't care for the long, mushy take up, particularly in SA, and the overtravel. If the TJIB resolves those issues, it would be worth it to me, as I'd shoot the gun a lot more.

Posts: 8559 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
While I can't say if there was any prior to the TJIAB install, there is no overtravel with my M9A1.
I have heard of some overtravel in pistols, but it's mainly due to the individual tolerances of the Wilson trigger bar. I'll also add it's usually seen in conjunction with high round count guns.

There's also no mush in the take-up. There's the slightest bit of pre-travel before the sear engagement, then it's just a nice, smooth pull.
There's no stacking on the DA pull, and Ernie goes the extra step to grind the ends of the mainspring to help with this.

You can vary the DA pull weight by selecting a different mainspring weight.

There's a list of mainspring weights and their corresponding DA pull HERE.

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks Snake...that's what I wanted to know. I think one of these is gonna get ordered in the near future.

Posts: 8559 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 92F (old duty gun) that is begging for one of these.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
The trigger bar on the TJIAB is different than stock. It is a Wilson Combat trigger bar, designed to give greater hammer travel in DA so a lighter mainspring can be used while still being able to light harder primers.

I guess the Wilson BrigTac had the Wilson trigger bar in it, which is why I didn't notice a difference.

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I'm following this thread with interest. I gather that the TJIB produces a lighter, crisper trigger break, but does it do anything for the mushy take up or overtravel? I like my 92, and am ok with the weight of the trigger (although I wouldn't object to lighter), but I really don't care for the long, mushy take up, particularly in SA, and the overtravel. If the TJIB resolves those issues, it would be worth it to me, as I'd shoot the gun a lot more.

As Snake said, no mushy takeup. Mine has overtravel, not that it's much. The stock trigger didn't have what I would call "excessive" overtravel. I believe the reset has been shortened a bit, too.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good write up. Any recommendations on best place the buy the TJIAB?

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Langdon's website.

I don't think they have any resellers

https://www.langdontactical.co...g-beretta-92-series/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Langdon's website.

Thanks. Sold out currently for 13# option.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:

I guess the Wilson BrigTac had the Wilson trigger bar in it, which is why I didn't notice a difference.

quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

As Snake said, no mushy takeup. Mine has overtravel, not that it's much. The stock trigger didn't have what I would call "excessive" overtravel. I believe the reset has been shortened a bit, too.

Unless you sent your Brig Tac back to WC specifically it did not come with a WC trigger bar.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pete K:

Do any vendors stock it? I bought direct from Langdon Tactical. You could sit on it for a while and see if they ever go on sale.

quote:
quote:
Langdon's website.

I went to buy the kit a month or two back, after the Elite LTT thread where we discussed the TJIAB, and I think it was sold out. I've tried a few times since and either the mag guide was sold out, or the TJIAB was. I finally got them both in stock and finished the order.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:

Do any vendors stock it? I bought direct from Langdon Tactical. You could sit on it for a while and see if they ever go on sale.

quote:
quote:
Langdon's website.

I went to buy the kit a month or two back, after the Elite LTT thread where we discussed the TJIAB, and I think it was sold out. I've tried a few times since and either the mag guide was sold out, or the TJIAB was. I finally got them both in stock and finished the order.

Another option is to order one of the kits in stock (12# for example), and add the 13# spring. They do have those in stock for about $8. I may order one today.

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Just installed one in a bone stock 92. VERY impressed. Took me longer to jiggle the sear spring back into place than it did to complete the rest of the project. Silly easy and worth well more than the asking price in my opinion. I went with the 12 lb spring, so I'll be taking some crappy ammo with me to the range to make sure it doesn't have light strikes. If it can set off my bag of Mystery 9mm of Questionable Provenance, it can set off anything.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Every time I've come across this subject on the web I've told myself that I MUST do this upgrade to my 92A1. Yet each time I promptly forgettaboutit. Probably says a lot about me and my Beretta 92s and just how infrequently I shoot them nowadays. However it continually sounds like a must-do to any 92 platform pistol, so someday I'll get around to it...(sensing that cycle of inaction is beginning again)...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post