SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Carrying the P225 compared to the P229
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrying the P225 compared to the P229 Login/Join 
posted
I was just looking at the specs of the two pistols on the Sig web site. The P229 weighs 4 oz. more, is 0.2 inch longer, 0.2 inch taller, 0.25 inch wider, and has a 0.3 inch longer barrel.

For those of you who have carried both, just how much easier is the P225 to carry? I know it is a very subjective question. And let's assume with a good belt/holster please.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though the specs are only slight, I always felt the p225 carried better then p229 I had and did not print as much. I also had a p239 which was better than the p225 for carrying. It is subjective and it is hard to decide unless you have access to both to try it.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You also need to consider the weight difference of the loaded mag.

The P225 mag with a B. Davis floor plate loaded with Federal HST 147 hp comes in at 5 7/8 ounces.

The P229 mag with Federal HST 180 hp is 10 ounces.

Half a pound heavier is noticeable.

I carried my P225 all day at the fair Saturday. Very comfortable appendix carry.

I carry the P229 the same way, but I wouldn't pick it for an all day walking scenario.

-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post