SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Reasonable price for a 229 Sport?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reasonable price for a 229 Sport? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I passed up one a million years ago when they still made the thing and had nearly forgotten about it until just now.

What's a good price for one of these beasts today?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I have seen the 357 sigs sell cheaper than 40. I think $1100 is a good price in good condition with all the factory stuff.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have seen the 357 sigs sell cheaper than 40.

From my reading, the P229 Sport came only in .357 Sig?

That pistol was hand-built by master smiths in Germany. You talk to Exeter and they really don't know much about it.

There's a "threaded rod" that's used as part of the compensator removal/installation. My buddy neglected to include that. I called Exeter. After searching around and asking questions, the CSR finally had to resort to waiting until the one guy that would know came back from vacation. (Today, in fact.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dusty78:
I have seen the 357 sigs sell cheaper than 40.

From my reading, the P229 Sport came only in .357 Sig?

Earlier models were .357 Sig only . They eventually had both .357 Sig and 40 SW p229 Sport.

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1100- 1300 was what I was last seeing them on Gunboker, and 1275 for a LNIB is what I had to pay locally- but came with a couple hundred rounds ammo. I was seeing the 357s bringing a little more on the auction sites. But I haven't seen either in a while.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post