SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is everybody’s Glock PMAGs still holding up?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is everybody’s Glock PMAGs still holding up? Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
Just wondering if anybody has any high use or long loaded ones and curious as to if you are seeing typical Magpul quality?

I haven’t had any issues with mine but they haven’t seen high counts. I prefer them to the stock mags though all things considered up to this point.

So everybody still happy no issues/cracks etc.

I am interested in trying some of the 12 round G26 mags.

Thanks,
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Just wondering if anybody has any high use or long loaded ones and curious as to if you are seeing typical Magpul quality?

I haven’t had any issues with mine but they haven’t seen high counts. I prefer them to the stock mags though all things considered up to this point.

So everybody still happy no issues/cracks etc.

I am interested in trying some of the 12 round G26 mags.

Thanks,
Chris

I’ve grabbed a few of the 12 round G26 mags and they work fine. Unfortunately, I don’t carry them or even shoot them much so I can’t offer you any long term experience. I still carry a factory 10 with a Pearce +2 as my main 12 rounder - it feels the best to me out of all the mag and +2 bases I’ve tried (Glock, Magpul, Pearce, Taran, Hyve, etc). At the range, I typically use a Glock factory 12.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
Yup. My EDC and range mags are PMGS. I have north of 2,500 rounds through a set of 4 19 mags. They get dropped in the dirt. Haven't been cleaned. Zero failures.

Posts: 257 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of G19 mags that I use for range duty, not a bunch of rounds through but so far so good and I actually like them quite a bit with the orange follower and the thick base pad.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have a few for my g26 but Havn't used them yet, I have some factory 12 round g26 mags I've been using instead.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using a couple in my G17 G4. All good!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've run my pmags through several courses and general personal use; I don't carry them, but they've been beaten up with range use. No malfunctions.

I recently used some ETS magazines for several thousand rounds, to see how they'd hold up. That's not much of a "test" for magazines, but there were no malfunctions. I didn't baby them; they got ejected into the dirt along with everything else, no cleaning, just loading and shooting, and I had zero issues with them. No indication of chipping, splitting, feed lip issues, deformation, etc.

Neither the ETS nor the magpuls have shown any issues of any kind. The ETS can accept the Vickers baseplates, while the magpul can't, but the magpul have a good base on them, which is functional as a bump pad and for gripping to extract.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a 21 rounder that I bought to use with my Glock lower PSA 9mm AR. The gun is basically just a range toy, so I figured it would be a good platform to test out the PMAG with, especially since they're significantly cheaper than the factory mags.

The thing has been flawless. It drops free, holds it's shape, hasn't cracked or broken. I'm waiting for them to release the 27 round version and I'm gonna buy a bunch.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I have a buddy who is an armorer and range instructor for a PD. He uses the Pmags on qualification and tactical training for his officers. He said they are gtg after thousands of rounds and abuse

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using Magpul 17 and 21 round mags for my Gen4 and Gen5 G17 for months now and they've been flawless. I use the Magpul Glock mags exclusively at the range. They're very well designed and built, easy to disassemble for cleaning, reliable and cheap. What more could one ask for? Smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Then again, I'm a complete stranger. What the hell does it matter what I think? (TM)

Posts: 191 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've got about a dozen or fifteen of them including 17, 15, 12, and 21 rounders. The 17 and 15 rounders get the most use. I beat on them for over a year of near exclusive use in my six 9mm Glocks. That included temperatures from the 20s to about 100. Lots and lots of suppressed shooting, lots of being dropped, kicked, stepped on, etc. ZERO magazine related issues in any gun.

The only knocks on them are the lack of witness holes in the 17 and 15 round mags so it requires more intentional effort when loading 8 rounds, 10 rounds, etc. And I think the overall length of the 15 round version is disappointingly longer than the factory alternative, which would keep me from carrying them concealed. If there was a .40 version out there, I would use them as duty mags.

I have also dabbled with ETS, but only the 22 round version. Positive results so far.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Bought a few for my G17 and have had zero issues. Picked up a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 this summer and got some more plus the new 21 round mags they came out with. All have worked fine.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Still no issues.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I carry one daily. No issues

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry 2 21 rounders on my duty belt with a stock mag in my G34. They stay loaded up for months at a time. I run through them twice a year. I just use regular OEM mage for training and stick the 21's back in my belt after. Im not a fan of downloading duty ammo all the time. They run like a champ.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I have 5 17 round mags and 3 21 round mags that I shoot twice a month at steel matches. I had one of the 17 rounders that had a couple of ftf the first time out. No problems with any of them since.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have them for my 17, 19 and 43 with no issues. My ETS mags jam from time to time.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Mine still are working fine. Except for my MOS, I haven't been shooting my 9mm Glocks as much lately. One G17 mag has probably 1100 rds through it (using on my G17 RTF2, G34G4, G19G2 and G19MOS), another roughly 850 or so. The rest (G19 and G17 Magpul) are 200 and less. My 21rd mags have only seen a couple of mag's worth at most just to check for proper operation with ball ammo; they function like they should.

I do wish they'd make 'em for 40S&W, though.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
No issues. Theres 6 I use the most with my 34 since its my stock plate gun. Those 6 mags have zev extensions on them. They've been dropped, loaded and shot a bunch and the gun is pushing the 8000 mark with the majority of those rounds loaded in the pmags. The ones I have for the 19 I only use at the range. I personally dont care for the larger baseplates that stick out so I keep with factory mags for carry.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I have a handful of 15-round and a dozen 17-round Magpul mags. They work dirty, wet, dropped, etc.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post