SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ran across a couple of interesting guns today. 96D centurion and a red box p226 nickel two tone 357 sig and 40 S&W
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ran across a couple of interesting guns today. 96D centurion and a red box p226 nickel two tone 357 sig and 40 S&W Login/Join 
posted
I ran across the P226 first. It was one of the red box guns from 2006 ish. I pulled the slide, The frame was brand new, The slide showed some wear under the hood. The recoil spring looked new. The nickel trigger, mag release, slide stop, decocker on the frame all looked spotless. The out side of the slide was perfect. Included with it were two barrels, 357 sig, and 40S&W. Both were sig barrels but not serialed to the pistol. It was very tempting. I made an offer, Best i could do at the time. I left him my number.

Next up was one I had not run across before. Yeah, i have seen plenty of 96's but Not many 96D centurion. It looked in very good shape. Wood grips. Outstanding DA trigger. I am not sure if it had a box and paperwork.

I am curious about the p226, how unique was it. It is the first 357 sig two-tone i have seen. The red box just listed it as a p226, not a caliber on the label like a normal sig would. The owner has never fired the gun himself. I think he mentioned that he did buy the red box from a dealer in VA, and the dealer got it from sig. When he bought it, the gun had the 357 sig barrel installed, and the 40 barrel in the box. Was this done? was it common? It was one hell of a stunning pistol.

The 96d centurion is new to me, I realize now after looking them up that it isn't that uncommon. I was surprised though at how nice the da trigger was. Maybe, just a tad over 6lbs. While a little wide gripped, it was not any wider in my hand than my p226 SAO with wood grips, or my x-5 allround. It was well under 4 bills. I am not if that is a good deal or not. I can always go back, as it seems everyone hates 40sw now.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pics man.

I am going through a Beretta revival. Did you know that you can turn any 92 into a DAO simply by removing the sear? I just learned this.

Congrats on your finds. I am a little jealous.

Posts: 7460 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I did not buy them. I did make an offer on the 226, but, no go. I wish i had taken a pic of the 226. Kind of frowned upon at the gun show.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I probably would have grabbed the 96. I have .40 on hand, and my 226 DAK is in .40, I just hardly ever shoot it anymore.

I've been thinking of a 96 or a USP40 for the collection, though.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a USP in 40. I love mine. I have had it since 1996. I really liked this 96D though.

posted Hide Post
Would like to have the 226.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post