SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P245/P220 compact magazine compatibility question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P245/P220 compact magazine compatibility question Login/Join 
Picture of caliSigGuy
posted
I have a p220 compact, and was able to recently find a p245 on on the used market. Are the magazines between these two guns compatible?

I understand that both of them can use full sized p220 mags. Can the 220 compact use the 245 mags and vice versa?

Thanks in advance!

----------
I am known by unusedusername on calguns

Posts: 236 | Location: Between SJC and SFO | Registered: January 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Yes they can. The base on the 245 mags will be a touch shorter and may leave your pinky a bit less real estate. If it’s a bother 220C bases can be swapped out with them.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ One and done.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
One thing to note about early P245 magazines. If you look at your P220C magazines you will see a couple dimples on both sides of the mag towards the feed lips. Some of the old P245 mags don't have these and those mags can be a bit picky. Same with some of the early 220ST mags as well I believe.

At least this is what I have found.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
Yes they are compatible. As a matter of fact, my P245 came with P220C mags.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caliSigGuy
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Thanks everyone!

----------
I am known by unusedusername on calguns

Posts: 236 | Location: Between SJC and SFO | Registered: January 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I prefer the 220Compact base plates.
*traded this one to a member here*

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post