SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ordered a P225-A1 Classic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered a P225-A1 Classic Login/Join 
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted
Finally getting my IL CCL and wanted a P239 in .357 SIG but guess I'll stick with the 9MM +P.

From what I have read here and elsewhere, they seem to be well received. Anyone care to share their personal experience?

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I have a P225-A1 Classic and it's one of, if not the the most, favorite guns I own. It shoots great, the de-cocker works as it should, it's a breeze to break down, clean and re-assemble and if it weren't for the fact that I'm small-boned, I'd use it as my EDC. As it is, it's just a bit too bulky for that for me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liked mine so much I bought a spare. Slightly, slightly taller than a 239. Unless you want a 40 or a 357 I am in the camp of nothing a 239 does that a 225a1 does better. The SRT is nice. The additional checkering is nice. The undercuts are nice.

Only thing I would recommend is to spend the 10 bucks and buy a standard P series mainspring. The 225a1 ships with the red DAK spring for some reason. Totally oversprung. Replace it with a non DAK Sig mainspring for the P series and the trigger becomes fairly sublime.

I swapped out the sights as well. For a single stack 9 it is nearly perfect.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have a P225A and I love it. Sweet shooter. It's a great package for 9mm

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You won't be upset with your purchase.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P225A1 has become my everyday carry for the last six months.I highly recommend having the Sig Armourer do their magic.

Posts: 32 | Registered: January 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info everyone!

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
Warmed up enough to go to the outdoor range at the sportsman's club last weekend, so I took the new P225 out for a spin.

For me, pros: soft shooter, beautiful pistol.

Cons: I wasn't as accurate as I hoped to be but just need more time at the range, I think. 8 round mags are disappointing but just practice reloading drills, right? Slide release was very stiff but has started to break in already. Probably shot 10 mags.

Everyone needs to buy one so they come out in .357 Sig!

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

posted Hide Post
SZ et all:
Thanks for the information. I just won an auction for the Classic Carry. With all of the kudos and info here, I can't wait to get it out to the range.

Posts: 466 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the P225-A1 with the G10 grips- I've been rotating back and forth with my P239 for EDC- Both excellent pistols.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cons: I wasn't as accurate as I hoped to be but just need more time at the range, I think. 8 round mags are disappointing but just practice reloading drills, right? Slide release was very stiff but has started to break in already. Probably shot 10 mags.

I've noticed some 'variability' with the QC on the P225-A1, including with the magazine catch and particularly the decocking lever. The last one through the shop was more or less fine but the previous couple were a bit...um...challenged to varying degrees. Both had decockers that were not particular fluid in action despite the presence of lube, and one specifically had a mag catch that felt as if it might have been installed incorrectly although it caught and release both of its magazines like it was supposed to. It operated VERY stiffly, more than one normally would expect with any alloy 'classic' SIG. I had intended on sending that one back for a once-over but remarkably some customer wanted it despite the heavy mag catch action. Didn't even ask for a discount.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post