SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43/48 trigger shoe size.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43/48 trigger shoe size. Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
Anyone know if the factory G43/48 trigger shoe is the same size as other models such as a G17?

Im talking about just the plastic shoe, not the whole trigger bar assembly.

I want to know so I can remove the serrated shoe off of my 48, and install a smooth faced factory shoe from a 17. Is that possible?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nismo,

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pops572
posted Hide Post
I would assume so, since aftermarket triggers( Apex and Vickers) are not model specific.

------------------------------------------
I'm sorry could you repeat that, I'm not fluent in STUPID!

Posts: 1149 | Location: ,TN USA | Registered: November 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it should work. I installed this Apex trigger on my 48.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I have a couple spare G17 triggers that I will use as donors.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Yes, it works. G17 trigger shoe functions fine with a 43X/48 trigger bar.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting a pre-travel adjustable factory smooth faced shoe from Johnny Glocks.

I'll probably get these for my other Glocks sometime.

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Thanks Nismo, I ordered one of those triggers.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I'm curious if anyone has used the Overwatch Polymer DAT?
The trigger on my G48 is hurting my finger.

https://overwatchprecision.com/polymer-dat/

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:

Yes, but on my G19. I got it mainly for the The pre-travel reduction for my short fingers, and for the price over their aluminum versions.

I admit that I only put less than 500 rounds through it and took it out. I shot it just fine, but the flat face just doesn't feel right to me.

Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:

I put one in my 43 and I’m very impressed with it. I find it feels much better than you think it might based on how it looks. It’s almost deceptive. But in my opinion it is a major improvement over the stock serrated trigger which I greatly disliked.

I went with it based upon general good feedback here of Overwatch’s products and the price. I would do it again.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post