SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone own a polished blue Ruger Bearcat?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own a polished blue Ruger Bearcat? Login/Join 
posted
Don't know why I want one, but I do. I think that polished blue would look really good with some Eagle ultra ivory.

I don't need another .22. I don't need another .22.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfe 21,

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it is a 22, you need another one. not only that, but you should sorce and extra 5 or 10 22lr cylinders just to make shooting a bit easier

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
A terrible pic of my blue adjustable sight Bearcat with elk “stags” from Patrick Grashorn.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK that title confused me. I was thinking this...https://www.lencoarmor.com/model/bearcat-g2-fire-ems/
And a polished blue one would be really neat.
I have an original and its blueing is not that great, I'd guess a new one would be where to start. I don't like the cylinder engraving myself but maybe one of the distributor ones doesn't have it?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
For a sizable chunk of change you can have it converted to .327 Federal.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yup. My son has one. He’s 11. Got one with the adjustable sight option.

It’s a heck of a shooter!

For me it’s too small in the hand and the trigger is not nearly as good in form or function as my single six.

But he loves his.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Have the Shopkeeper in blue. Love it, as do my kids!

It is the one from the article Blued Shopkeeper

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a shopkeeper a couple weeks ago. What started this mess. I believe the polished blue is a Talo run, 4" barrel with fluted cylinder and no engraving. Fixed sights.

DS, I have 12 now between S.A. & Semi. I really don't.

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Wish I had known about the case hardened, hand engraved Tyler Shopkeepers when they were available a couple years ago.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a blue bearcat; it's the only unreliable Ruger I own. Misfires with light primer strikes with some regularity. I got it for the kids years ago when they were small, and nobody cared that much if we had to pitch out rounds with a dent in the primer, and try again. Some brands fire better than others, and as it's a .22, it doesn't take too many cylinders before the rounds are difficult to insert or extract, but so be it.

The little shopkeeper with the birds head grip looked like fun, but a bit too pricey just for fun.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up the shopkeeper. This thing is TINY. Didn't realize it would be this small in hand. Gonna be interesting to shoot I'm sure...

posted Hide Post
So, got an issue with the shopkeeper. The action binds when the grip screw is fully tightened (a side effect of the reduced grip frame space). Seems like the main spring rides on a little rod that is hitting the grip screw and not allowing the action to work. Can't even get to loading notch. Took grips off and it's good. Nice trigger actually. So, I guess a little file work is in order to create some space.

posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Bearcat. I owned a blued new model Bearcat but ended up selling it because, to use your word, it was too “TINY” to shoot accurately. I think they are a great revolver to teach a kid to shoot or if you’re an adult with mouse sized hands!

Posts: 192 | Registered: June 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just like the birdshead grip. That was the main selling point for me. It's not unuseable, I was just expecting something closer to a single six size.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a blued Shopkeeper the other night, on sale at CDNN, can't wait!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Ordered some Stag grips from Sack Petersen last night, should be a nice contrast to the blue steel.

posted Hide Post
I've owned a stainless regular Bearcat as well as a stainless Shopkeeper. I sold them both because neither shot close enough to point of aim to make me happy. Monday I ordered a blue Bearcat with adjustable sights. I missed my Bearcats and figured the adjustable sights would alleviate any problems with not shooting to point of aim.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
I sold them both because neither shot close enough to point of aim to make me happy.

I too sold an otherwise excellent Bearcat because the POI wasn't to my satisfaction. Had I have been thinking at the time, I would have ditched the fixed factory front sight and had the barrel dovetailed to accept a driftable replacement. I've since scratched my .22 six-gun itch with a 1973 Single-Six.

Stainless Ruger Bearcat

1973 Ruger Single Six

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I got lucky with my Shopkeeper, just a little low, so I took a little off the top of the sight blade and it hits right to POA with MiniMags.

An outing last weekend with a 1967 Single six and a Colt SAA