SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has anyone heard any info on Stribog or Grand Power guns?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone heard any info on Stribog or Grand Power guns? Login/Join 
posted
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything good/bad or ugly regarding GrandPower / Stribog guns. PSA has a pistol listed on their email, and it caught my attention.

link: GRAND POWER STRIBOG SP9A1

Kind of reminds me of B&T, so not sure if a copycat company or not. Just curious.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
https://grandpower.eagleimport...earms/stribog-series

Made in Slovaki, a few reviews floating around, seem to be good quality

I saw that today too!

Here's the full auto....nice

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started down the youtube rabbit hole after I posted. And reviews on line, like you said, seem pretty good. I love the B&T APC9, but not the price. But buy once cry once, has it's merits as well.

I have a AR Colt style 9mm, so don't need it. I think I am just being pulled in by the aesthetics of it. It looks cool. Change the brace up to something different and cool factor is even better. I don't need it, but just kinda want it.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Apparently some you tuber modified Uzi mags to work.
The full auto comes in recip, and non recip bolt handle versions, wonder which one the semi is?

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
Apparently some you tuber modified Uzi mags to work.
The full auto comes in recip, and non recip bolt handle versions, wonder which one the semi is?

Wondering the same thing about the charging handle. I guess I will keep this on my radar for now. It gets harder and harder to not buy a gun when I see one that catches my eye.

posted Hide Post
Remember, if you have any issues with firearm then you pay shipping for it to go back to Slovakia and return shipping. Probably 100 to 150 USD. I was considering the Grand Power K100 pistol but fortunately came to my senses. There is limited aftermarket support for these guns.

It is not a B&T. Try CZ EVO Scorpion S1. Reliable and loads of aftermarket support or better yet the SIG MPX. The CZ is direct blowback and 1.6 lbs bolt snap back with nasty recoil, IMHO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Remember, if you have any issues with firearm then you pay shipping for it to go back to Slovakia and return shipping. Probably 100 to 150 USD. I was considering the Grand Power K100 pistol but fortunately came to my senses. There is limited aftermarket support for these guns.

It is not a B&T. Try CZ EVO Scorpion S1. Reliable and loads of aftermarket support or better yet the SIG MPX. The CZ is direct blowback and 1.6 lbs bolt snap back with nasty recoil, IMHO.

Yep, more comparing the looks/resemblance than actually comparing quality to B&T. It's like comparing the Arex Rex Zero pistol to the P226. It may share the looks, but it is not a Sig. looked at the Evo's but never pulled the trigger. Never enough interest to get one, but agree the after market is great for the CZ.

Never thought about the warranty. That would definitely suck having to ship back to Slovakia. Checked the importers website and looks like they contract with 4 gunsmiths across the US for warranty. Don't know anything about them so warranty could be great or total crap depending on the smith. So more negatives so far than positives. Would be just a novelty, but still want it to be worth it.

Thanks for the input fellas.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
My B&T is a work of art. It's like a fine Swiss Watch. Machined to perfection.

This, not so much. It does look B&T-ish, though.

I guess you get what you pay for. $900 for the GP. It will sell, probably, at that price. Just not to me. Wink

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELG
posted Hide Post
I have one I just got off of Gun Broker and so far it has been flawless out of the box with 100 rounds of 115grn winchester white box, and another 100 of 124grn Aguila. The gun is as stated in many of the reviews well machined and runs like a champ. As far as accuracy once I got it sighted in with my red dot it was dead on at 15yrds, recoil was minimal and it was just a blast to shoot. I bought the stock adapter and put on an sb tactical pistol brace.

Im hoping some more of the bigger channels review it so that the aftermarket can take off. I think this gun is a bargain given what you get. You can have it repaired stateside as well their website provides a listing of four or five shops approved for repair. The only issue I see right now is after market as it is so new. Im hoping that as more are sold and it catches on that and aftermarket will grow. I love if so much if I had the money I would jump PSA special right now as it is a good deal. Altogether the total package for me was 690 for the gun thats price plus shipping, and transfer fees. The brace another 129 and the adapter 48. So close to 850 total for what I feel is going to be a gun people will which they had gotten when if was so cheap. Also the mags can be found for around 25 bucks. I bought 5 30 round mags for 119 bucks off one sight selling them for 19.99.

Overall the gun feels quality the milling and finish are top rate and again it works. I would llove to see a comparison with the B&T gun as yyes they do look alike but the price is way out of my league for the B&T. I love a rolex but my Gshock wworks just fine and it does the same thing.

Forgot to add that the bolt on this one is reciprocating but can be switched to either side. With the brace it is about the same size as a sig MPX. Now I say that not as an owner of and MPX 9mm but of the .177 pellet gun which is supposed to be the about the same length.

Its a great gun. get it if you can you wont be disappointed.

Posts: 470 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Have a Stribog on the way and since I have a B&T APC9 and GHM9 I can compare them.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
The Stribog is fantastic. Well built and the out of the box trigger is pretty good. Comparing it to a Scorpion (which I also have), the Stribog is the better gun. I also prefer the stick mags. Any warranty issues are being handled by the importer, Global Ordinance in Florida.

I am going to SBR mine. While I would love a B&T, the Stribog is significantly less expensive.

FYI, the gen 2 is a non-reciprocating bolt.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who wouldn't want a B&T?!! they are great compared to the Stribog and the CZ Scorpion. I have the Scorpion, Love it and have shot the Stribog, but I am partial to the CZ.. Grand Power makes a good gun, I have the P1D and really like it.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I’m going to make a prediction lol.
The Stribog Gen 2 is going to take off like a rocket.
What’s not to love ? It’s basically a Hk UMP 9mm for around $850.

One guy on AR15.com gas already converted his to roller locking (A3)
It takes AR ignition parts. Trigger pull and recoil are both lighter than the Scorpion.

A couple of them are being run suppressed at the local outlaw IDPA 2 gun matches, and the gun store here can’t keep them in stock.

I see one in my future real soon, especially as MP5 clones are running at the $1300 to $2000 range.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Warranty and repair for Grand Power firearms is done by Global Ordnance in Sarasota, Florida. You don't send the gun to Slovakia.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post