SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    H&K P7 NICKEL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&K P7 NICKEL Login/Join 
posted
LGS has a nickel P7 I have been looking at. Problem is in learning if it is indeed a factory finish. Their call to H&K was fruitless. Is there a source for learning, with a serial number, if it is a factory nickel finish. Perhaps there is a marking on the gun indicating it's factory finish. S&W stamps an "N" in several places on their nickel guns. Appreciate any info and direction. Thanks ....Lou

Posts: 240 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Assume it is not factory. IIRC, if it's heel mag release, not factory. Only 1 year or so of nickel finish, early 1990's and that was only on the "M" versions. To me, if it doesn't have a box that indicates the finish with matching serials, it's not factory.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's a P7 or PSP, no such think as a factory nickle finish. If it's a P7M8 or M13 with a KC(1992)date code and the grip screws, trigger and sights are blued, good chance it's factory. No markings on the gun or box indicating finish. If it was a P7M10, The nickle guns came in a silver cardboard box and the blued came in a black cardboard box. The M10's were the fat, ugly sister to the M13's and wouldn't fit in the plastic hinged lid boxes.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin!" ( Fletcher in The Outlaw Josie Wales)

Posts: 644 | Location: Wisconsin,USA | Registered: September 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Back in the 80's, I held one in at a gunshop in LA... Factory M13 in nickel. NIB an acquaintance was buying there.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by firemancjack:
If it's a P7 or PSP, no such think as a factory nickle finish. If it's a P7M8 or M13 with a KC(1992)date code and the grip screws, trigger and sights are blued, good chance it's factory. No markings on the gun or box indicating finish. If it was a P7M10, The nickle guns came in a silver cardboard box and the blued came in a black cardboard box. The M10's were the fat, ugly
sister to the M13's and wouldn't fit in the plastic hinged lid boxes.

It is a P 7 M8. Cannot find KC code. Any suggestions will be of help. Perhaps am looking in wrong place. No box. Can get ser. # if it will help. Thanks to all for your input. Lou

Posts: 240 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo4star:
quote:
Originally posted by firemancjack:
If it's a P7 or PSP, no such think as a factory nickle finish. If it's a P7M8 or M13 with a KC(1992)date code and the grip screws, trigger and sights are blued, good chance it's factory. No markings on the gun or box indicating finish. If it was a P7M10, The nickle guns came in a silver cardboard box and the blued came in a black cardboard box. The M10's were the fat, ugly
sister to the M13's and wouldn't fit in the plastic hinged lid boxes.

It is a P 7 M8. Cannot find KC code. Any suggestions will be of help. Perhaps am looking in wrong place. No box. Can get ser. # if it will help. Thanks to all for your input. Lou

How to find date code on the P7M8

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a couple PSP's from a gentleman named Steve on the Sig classified in 2011. One was blued and one was hard chrome. The chrome one had been refinished by Elite Custom Guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hurstolds1,

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I get to use the pic I made again!!

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post